Checking screw sizes

Old December 12th 10, 01:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
timdrouillard

Default Checking screw sizes

http://www.csnstores.com/asp/show_de...sp?sku=OGH1195

"Loren Pechtel" wrote in message
eb.com...

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 04:39:00 -0800 (PST), RayLopez99
wrote:

On Dec 11, 6:44 am, Metspitzer wrote:
My eyes are bad. What I would like to have is a block (or something)
that has the common computer screw sizes. Anyone have a suggestion?

Not clear what you are looking for.

A metal plate with female-threaded holes matching the common computer
screws.

I'd like one, also.

Old December 12th 10, 05:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Loren Pechtel

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 08:57:54 -0500, "TimDrouillard"
wrote:

http://www.csnstores.com/asp/show_de...sp?sku=OGH1195

That's certainly in the ballpark but what I would really like is one
of those only with the normal computer sizes.
Old December 12th 10, 05:22 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Loren Pechtel

On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 05:35:40 -0800 (PST), RayLopez99
wrote:

wrote:
On Dec 11, 6:44 am, Metspitzer wrote:
My eyes are bad. What I would like to have is a block (or something)
that has the common computer screw sizes. Anyone have a suggestion?

Not clear what you are looking for.

A metal plate with female-threaded holes matching the common computer
screws.

I'd like one, also.

Really? I never thought of something like this but what is the point
of it? It seems illogical: if you can screw the male threaded screw
into the female hole, by definition of course the screw fits--but how
would you screw the screw in in the first place? By feel? That's the
only thing I can think of. A more practical suggestion is to buy
screws in little boxes and keep them each in their own place.

If you buy screws in boxes it's not a problem. I've never found them
for a reasonable price, though.

I do have plenty of screws around from various sources, though--but
sorting out what is what is another matter!

It's a lot easier to test the screw separately than try to screw it in
and then find it doesn't work.
Old December 12th 10, 05:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
GMAN[_13_]

In article , RayLopez99 wrote:

wrote:
On Dec 11, 6:44 am, Metspitzer wrote:
My eyes are bad. What I would like to have is a block (or something)
that has the common computer screw sizes. Anyone have a suggestion?

Not clear what you are looking for.

A metal plate with female-threaded holes matching the common computer
screws.

I'd like one, also.

Really? I never thought of something like this but what is the point
of it? It seems illogical: if you can screw the male threaded screw
into the female hole, by definition of course the screw fits--but how
would you screw the screw in in the first place? By feel? That's the
only thing I can think of. A more practical suggestion is to buy
screws in little boxes and keep them each in their own place.

RL

Illogical my A$$, its very handy so that you dont cross thread a screw trying
to use the wrong size thread . I want one too!!!
Old December 13th 10, 09:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Patrick[_5_]

Metspitzer wrote:
My eyes are bad. What I would like to have is a block (or something)
that has the common computer screw sizes. Anyone have a suggestion?

Not quite what you're asking but;
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?MenuNo=12133&page=1

As far as I understand (experience), is that the screws used for HD's are
the same as those used for fixing PCI-cards but the HD ones musn't be to
long. Said screws appear to be also used for case fixings.

The other type of computer screw is that used by floppy-drives and CD
(optical) drives).

The remaining question is the MoBo screws which may vary as to the PC-case.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_case_screws