Problem with Lite-On 52246s

Old July 1st 03, 06:37 PM
Dan G

Default Problem with Lite-On 52246s

This is usually due to burning media too fast, there are very few CDR's that
will burn reliably at 48x-52x. If it's doing this at 40x on TY or RiTEC TG
media, it's probably the drive. Have you tried different firmware on the
drive?

"Brian" wrote in message
news

I have a problem with the above drive I'm hoping someone has a fix for.

Everything I burn fails at
95-98%........ What happens is burnproof kicks in and the drive slows

way down, then the disc
fails verification. Nero CD speed scan disc shows an unreadable block.

I'm using XP home, Nero and
Recordnow Max. I've tried CMC, Ritek, Tayo Yuden, Prodisc and Lead Data.

At first it only happened
at 48 & 52x but now it's doing it at 40x consistantly. I have anti Virus

disabled, Auto insert off
and disabled native xp burning. No luck.......... ANy ideas before I ship

it back ??????

Thanks.............

Brian..........

There is no mix up a sander can't fix up !!! (Al Bundy)

Old July 1st 03, 11:51 PM
Brian

I was hoping I wouldn't have to ship it back. I bought this one at Newegg also. I just got an RMA
so I guess I'll send it back........

Yup, Even tried the newest firmware - XSOF......... Same thing...............

Last month I exchanged my 52246 I bought in Feb. because of the same
problem you are encountering...burn would be fine until the end and
the burnproof would kick in. The disc would spin up and down, up and
down. Burns that took 2 1/2 minutes were taking 4. When I ran
CDspeed the seek times were outrageous...like 650ms.

Bought it from newegg.com and they shipped out a brand new one (box,
nero cd, cables, blank cdr/cdrw, etc..) as soon as my RMA was received
and it is burning flawlessly.

Old July 2nd 03, 12:37 AM
Dan G

I'll assume you meant 6S0F. Actually 6S0D is a bit better for burn quality.

You're not by chance over-burning are you?

Old July 2nd 03, 01:21 AM
Brian

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:37:28 -0600, "Dan G" wrote:

I'll assume you meant 6S0F. Actually 6S0D is a bit better for burn quality.

Yup.. typo..........

You're not by chance over-burning are you?

I have overburned a few meg in the past but no, not now..................

Old July 3rd 03, 06:58 AM
Hambone

Brian wrote in message . ..
[...]

I have the same burner which rocks with Hitachi Maxell 48x or Taiyo
Yuden 48x media, and burns steady in CAV mode up to 52x plus as the
finishing speed. Quality using Scandisk is fine.... would guess its
the unit at fault.

Shortcut problem (southbridge burn) Ian Homebuilt PC's 4 December 14th 04 10:33 PM
Mouse Problem Jeff Homebuilt PC's 0 October 1st 04 06:44 AM
help with possible video card problem diagnostic mark497 Homebuilt PC's 1 September 16th 04 09:59 AM
Boot Problem with Win2000 AMD 2500 XP - A-Bit KD7A system TMgo Homebuilt PC's 2 August 17th 04 10:03 AM
Restart problem DJS0302 Homebuilt PC's 0 June 20th 04 07:37 AM