Video Ram temperature on 9800gx2

Old February 7th 09, 03:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
netko

Default Video Ram temperature on 9800gx2

How much should be temperature Alarm setting for video ram on this card.My
current is 70*C.
Beside that what is the temperature limit on video ram,how high it can go
before burnout?

Old February 7th 09, 05:24 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One[_2_]

"netko" wrote in message
How much should be temperature Alarm setting for video ram on this card.My
current is 70*C.

You get a video RAM temperature readout? Neither my Radeon X1900XT nor my
GTX285 shows RAM temperature in Rivatuner.

Beside that what is the temperature limit on video ram,how high it can go
before burnout?

It is probably very dependent on the type of RAM and chip packaging process.
However, overheating will show up as visual artifacts long before permanent
damage sets in, due to framebuffer corruption. This is a better warning than
an alarm.

Old February 7th 09, 05:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
deimos[_2_]

netko wrote:
How much should be temperature Alarm setting for video ram on this
card.My current is 70*C.
Beside that what is the temperature limit on video ram,how high it can
go before burnout?

Didn't know you had a separate sensor for memory only. Usually there's
just the GPU diode.

Normal operating temps under load for the chip (single 9800GTX/+) are
about 55-65C. Many people have much higher temps like 72-75C, but they
don't seem to hurt it. If you're only doing 70C on a dual chip card,
then I would think your safe. If you idle at 70, you're probably in
trouble.
Old February 7th 09, 07:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
netko

"deimos" deimos@localhost wrote in message
netko wrote:
How much should be temperature Alarm setting for video ram on this
card.My current is 70*C.
Beside that what is the temperature limit on video ram,how high it can go
before burnout?

Didn't know you had a separate sensor for memory only. Usually there's
just the GPU diode.

Normal operating temps under load for the chip (single 9800GTX/+) are
about 55-65C. Many people have much higher temps like 72-75C, but they
don't seem to hurt it. If you're only doing 70C on a dual chip card, then
I would think your safe. If you idle at 70, you're probably in trouble.

Then I think its probably everything Ok with my card.My idle temp is 50C for
gpu and 56 for video ram,and yes I get readout for video ram(I guess they
put extra diode for monitoring videoram temp.)The monitoring program I`m
using is smart Doctor 5.15 beta.Thank you all for your answers.