A for-real mouse might be nice...

Old August 8th 14, 05:00 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default A for-real mouse might be nice...

Been using Trackman Marble Trackballs for ages and getting tired of
Logitech's chinchy microswitches wearing out. This last one, if it
all, looks like a "breaker upper" while trying to find the plastic
pressure connects. I could swap the left and right microswitches
embedded into the the left/right clickers (they're optional,
"assignable" switches via Logitech's software (when doing very
important things, such as "switch active window to last used window.")

I'll even go back to a regular mouse (yes, sir - build a custom pad, I
will) provided such a mouse has endowed, extra assignable switches and
software for ambidextrous use. I've trained myself, being
right-handed, to be a left-handed mouse user. Really messes up
people's minds who try to sit down and use my keyboard.

Tough, though -- doesn't even ever, ever break switches (gamer grade?)
-- and software to control it like a dream. Sounds like something
that actually might cost -m o n e y-, although paying $25 for another
Trackman replacement kinda stinks the same way (in a pipe dream over a
bowl of wacky tobaccy).
Old August 8th 14, 05:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Loren Pechtel[_2_]

On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 00:00:19 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

[...]

Yeah, I really love using Logitech's stuff. I'm not impressed one bit
with their durability.

They're good about warranties, though, if you have your receipt.
Old August 8th 14, 06:20 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Thu, 07 Aug 2014 21:37:52 -0700, Loren Pechtel
wrote:

Yeah, I really love using Logitech's stuff. I'm not impressed one bit
with their durability.

They're good about warranties, though, if you have your receipt.

Couldn't be more obvious -- but, no, I didn't know it's 5 years, which
qualifies me, (sure feels like a couple, hardly three years use), and,
no - of course, I wouldn't have to thought to keep a sales slip that
long. (Might be a New Egg ordered item still on their customer
records).

Go through the channels and set it up and pay maybe $10 - or more, I'd
certainly imagine, on shipping for a refurbished warrantee-supplied
replacement.

There's simply no beating thousands (to hundreds) of positive reviews
for a Logitech product, though, (compared to most anything else);- I
can nevertheless change camp, at least spend some time looking for a
better mouse trap among hardcore/gamer reviews.

Never much considered either way any impressions - just the
microswitch only starting to malfunction kind of is leaving a bad
taste in my mouth when looking at a $25 same new item.

My last Logitech was a BestBuy special sale, $10 wireless. Not a
Trackman, for sure, but rugged as hell, more "general" but nifty
features, (a functional touchpad between left/right buttons), that
from the underside works will virtually run on any surface including
glass. I bought it for girl-proof, though it outlasted her crap and
by far.

'You are a program,' she once told me. Now, there's a compliment.
Old August 8th 14, 11:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 01:20:35 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

My last Logitech was a BestBuy special sale, $10 wireless.

T400 Touch Zone
Old August 8th 14, 11:52 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Fri, 08 Aug 2014 18:46:05 -0400, Flasherly
wrote:

T400 Touch Zone

Problem is it's so powerful that all computers in one room will run
off whatever single T400 is broadcasting (Unifying dongle) to another
T400 equipped computer.

Real Yahoo Cams = Real Yahoo Girls! (4) Stacy Webcams 0 July 4th 06 04:30 PM
Real Yahoo Cams = Real Yahoo Girls! (4) webcam video Webcams 2 June 28th 06 11:07 PM
Nice girl ^.^ Nick Dalton Ati Videocards 2 July 5th 04 05:58 PM
nice *fg* Homebuilt PC's 1 April 12th 04 01:22 PM
FA: Nice Gateway John John Homebuilt PC's 0 October 19th 03 03:28 AM