Circuit city warranty and laptop

Old December 14th 03, 12:17 AM
dashal

Default Circuit city warranty and laptop

Circuit city warranty

When I bought my extended warranty, they said everything except the battery was cover. Now there is a crack in the laptop case which is spreading and there help line says that it is cosmetic and not cover. Is this normal? Can I do anything about his?
Old December 17th 03, 02:35 PM
David B.

Any physical damage is usually considered abuse, no surprise it won't be covered.

Old December 18th 03, 12:21 PM
Mike Calkins

It depends on the model. While it may not be covered by Circuit City's
extended warranty, Compaq may still replace the plastics, assuming it was a
bad batch of plastics (even if out of original warranty), and not due to
abuse. If enough of them failed, it's possible that Compaq will replace the
plastics. Now, the model and serial number of the unit would help,
though...

Think back to LTE386 notebook days at Compaq......

Mike Calkins
Houston, Texas, USA