Case connections

Old May 24th 04, 07:26 PM
P Hickey

Default Case connections

Hey, I'm looking at the Thermaltake XaserIII V2000A for it's space and
cooling efficiency. There's provision for up to 8 casefans. I'm just
wondering how you're supposed to power them? ie will they be connected
straight to the PSU on separate lines, or is there some way of connecting
the actual case to the PSU then the fans take their supply from the case?
I've just been looking at the review at
http://www17.tomshardware.com/howto/...review-49.html

and saw the inside picture, there's quite a few cables sitting inside the
bare case and I'm wondering where they're all (apart from the firewire and
USB conns) supposed to go!

Does anyone know of a more suitable case because this may be slightly OTT
for my cooling needs. The space is good though!

TIA
PH

Old May 24th 04, 07:44 PM
Alex

I have the black version of that case - it's actually quite easy to get all
of the cables tidy with a bit of planning. The power supply plugs into the
hardcano fan controller, then all the fans can run from that. The fans
don't shift a whole lot of air, although they are quiet (especially when
running on 7 volts) - get a quiet psu and cpu fan and the system is VERY
quiet. They're good enough to keep my case temp around 25 degrees (5 above
ambient).

"P Hickey" wrote in message
Hey, I'm looking at the Thermaltake XaserIII V2000A for it's space and
cooling efficiency. There's provision for up to 8 casefans. I'm just
wondering how you're supposed to power them? ie will they be connected
straight to the PSU on separate lines, or is there some way of connecting
the actual case to the PSU then the fans take their supply from the case?
I've just been looking at the review at
http://www17.tomshardware.com/howto/...review-49.html

and saw the inside picture, there's quite a few cables sitting inside the
bare case and I'm wondering where they're all (apart from the firewire and
USB conns) supposed to go!

Does anyone know of a more suitable case because this may be slightly OTT
for my cooling needs. The space is good though!

TIA
PH

My Review: ASPIRE Turbo Case X-Dreamer Black Mid-Tower Case with350W Power Supply, Model "ATXB3KLW/350W" Cyde Weys General 3 June 1st 04 04:10 PM
Case Recomendations John General 1 February 8th 04 12:33 AM
PC case with front door? Neal General 3 October 26th 03 03:44 AM
How is this case? --> Fudin ATX-228P 350W Mid Tower ATX Case phantom General 0 July 13th 03 02:49 AM