Compaq Desk PRO SD 1000 Video Card

Old December 16th 04, 04:41 AM
Old Gringo

Default Compaq Desk PRO SD 1000 Video Card

Keith wrote:
I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
for the PC.
Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
the case up.

TNX.

Look around he
http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport...&findct=&iqry=

--
Old Gringo George
Just West Of Nowhere
Old December 16th 04, 04:50 AM
Toolman Tim

"Keith" wrote in message
|I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
| the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
| windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
| connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
| the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
| for the PC.
| Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
| video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
| the case up.

Download and install one of the following:
Belarc Advisor or Everest

http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

They should be able to identify your card, and then you can get drivers from
someplace like www.driverguide.com

Old December 16th 04, 07:33 AM
Plato

Keith wrote:

Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
the case up.

http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html
Ive used above for same on occasion and it got the video card and/or
chiset right so I could find the drivers.

pc problems after g card upgrade + sp2 ben reed Homebuilt PC's 9 November 30th 04 02:04 AM
Tyan K8S Pro S2882: installing a PCI video card Andy Kuo General 1 November 5th 04 04:10 AM
New Video Card AGP B&B Musmon Overclocking AMD Processors 1 August 29th 04 02:25 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 31st 04 02:23 PM
fx 5200 sweet deal but will it work ? Skybuck Flying Nvidia Videocards 20 May 12th 04 05:31 PM