PCI Express cards available when?

Old February 9th 04, 06:13 AM
Lou

Default PCI Express cards available when?

I am thinking about upgrading my PC and I read that soon new motherboards
will have the new PCI Express video card slot and some MB wont have AGP
anymore.
I have not seen anything about when or what video cards for the PCI Express
will be available.
Any news on when the PCI Express cards will be out and how they compare to
current models?

Thanks,
Lou

Old February 9th 04, 09:09 AM
Darthy

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 06:13:06 GMT, "Lou" wrote:

I am thinking about upgrading my PC and I read that soon new motherboards
will have the new PCI Express video card slot and some MB wont have AGP
anymore.
I have not seen anything about when or what video cards for the PCI Express
will be available.
Any news on when the PCI Express cards will be out and how they compare to
current models?

Dunno...

I wouldn't hold my breathe - but sometime this year BTX/PCI will be
shipping.

When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

Death to Palladium & WPA!!
Old February 9th 04, 09:24 AM
Tod

I would say PCI Express would start coming out by this Christmas.
And you want to give time for any possible bugs to be worked out.
So unless you want to hold off on upgrading for more then 6-10 months.
Just go a head and upgrade now.

Old February 9th 04, 05:03 PM
Lou

OK thanks,
I read a preview of new motherboards with PCI Express and I thought it said
they would be out in March
http://www.anandtech.com/chipsets/showdoc.html?i=1954
, but I guess if it will be really like 6-10 months then I will stick with
AGP.
Lou

Old February 11th 04, 09:38 AM
Darthy

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 09:24:17 GMT, "Tod"
wrote:

I would say PCI Express would start coming out by this Christmas.
And you want to give time for any possible bugs to be worked out.
So unless you want to hold off on upgrading for more then 6-10 months.
Just go a head and upgrade now.

It may even come out before Doom3.... but I bet you $100 it comes
out well before Duke Nuke'm Forever.

Old February 14th 04, 03:45 AM
Lou

Just found new info
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1966
Lou

"Lou" wrote in message
I am thinking about upgrading my PC and I read that soon new

motherboards
will have the new PCI Express video card slot and some MB wont have AGP
anymore.
I have not seen anything about when or what video cards for the PCI

Express
will be available.
Any news on when the PCI Express cards will be out and how they compare

current models?

Thanks,
Lou

P4C800-E Deluxe and PCI Express Paul Asus Motherboards 18 September 24th 22 08:07 AM
PCI Express x1 cards [email protected] General 0 December 15th 04 01:28 PM
PCI Express? Christo General 8 October 25th 04 10:25 PM
Why doesn't ATI make VIVO cards anymore , I don't want TV SH*T, just capability of recording VIDEO IN! [email protected] Ati Videocards 10 January 28th 04 04:43 AM
Ati PCI Express Video Cards when ? We Live For The One We Die For The One Ati Videocards 0 December 12th 03 11:03 AM