Need advice on upgrading CPU.

Old October 5th 07, 03:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
GTD[_2_]

Default Need advice on upgrading CPU.

I have a system with a LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR. Will this board take all
the 939 processors, like the Denmark, Manchester, Toledo, and San Diego
CPUs? Also, which is the most powerful? It's for the kid's computer, so
it does a bit of gaming, and video processing. Any help will be
appreciated. Thanks, Greg.
Old October 5th 07, 02:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
rms[_2_]

I have a system with a LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR. Will this board take all the
939 processors,

Should, I had a dual-core opteron 939 in mine, worked fine! Update the
bios.

rms

Old October 5th 07, 04:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
GTD[_3_]

On Oct 5, 5:39 am, "rms" wrote:
I have a system with a LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR. Will this board take all the
939 processors,

Should, I had a dual-core opteron 939 in mine, worked fine! Update the
bios.

rms

Cool, , , also, would an AMD Opteron 185 Denmark 2.6GHz Socket 939
Dual Core Processor Model OSA185CDBOX
Be fatser than an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939
Processor Model ADA4200DAA5BV ?

This would be for gaming and video editing. Thanks, Greg.

Old October 5th 07, 06:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird

"GTD" wrote in message
ups.com...

Cool, , , also, would an AMD Opteron 185 Denmark 2.6GHz Socket 939
Dual Core Processor Model OSA185CDBOX
Be fatser than an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939
Processor Model ADA4200DAA5BV ?

This would be for gaming and video editing. Thanks, Greg.

Well considering it's clocked 400MHz faster and each core has an extra 512Kb
of cache over the 4200+ then I think you can assume that the opteron will be
much better all round. If its quite a late opteron then I will also add
that it will have a *much* better stock HSF assembly than the 4200+.

Chri$

Old October 5th 07, 08:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
GTD[_3_]

On Oct 5, 9:19 am, $ wrote:
"GTD" wrote in message

ups.com...

Cool, , , also, would an AMD Opteron 185 Denmark 2.6GHz Socket 939
Dual Core Processor Model OSA185CDBOX
Be fatser than an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester 2.2GHz Socket 939
Processor Model ADA4200DAA5BV ?

This would be for gaming and video editing. Thanks, Greg.

Well considering it's clocked 400MHz faster and each core has an extra 512Kb
of cache over the 4200+ then I think you can assume that the opteron will be
much better all round. If its quite a late opteron then I will also add
that it will have a *much* better stock HSF assembly than the 4200+.

Chri$

Thanks, I appreciate the help. .

Old October 6th 07, 06:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Revanant[_2_]

GTD you scribbled in [alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd]
on Thu, 04 Oct 2007 18:29:22 -0800

*
I have a system with a LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR. Will this board take all
the 939 processors, like the Denmark, Manchester, Toledo, and San Diego
CPUs? Also, which is the most powerful? It's for the kid's computer, so
it does a bit of gaming, and video processing. Any help will be
appreciated. Thanks, Greg.

I have a lanparty UT nf4 sli-dr as well and am using a AMD Athlon 64
4000+ San Diego 2.4GHz 1MB L2 Cache. ONsale at Newegg.com 59 bucks:

If I go Opteron, it will atleast be a 1meg cache, not the 512kb.
Maybe a year from now you'll start to see apps and games come out
more and more but right now the propelling cpu that I've found
cheaply is the one i mentioned above. I'm game for an operton but
it's going to be better than the Athlon 64 4000 not the same.