Problem with new rig

Old February 9th 07, 02:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
[email protected]

Default Problem with new rig

Hi all,
I just built a new AMD Athlon 64 4000 rig with a geforce 7600gt video card,
asus a8n mobo with Antec True Power Trio TP3-430 ATX12V 430W . I got it all
together but when I power it up nothing happens. All the fans come on in the
case, cpu, and video card. But nothing else happens, now warning sounds and
the display just stays black. I tried a different Hard drive and it still
just does the same thing. What should I try nex? Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Old February 9th 07, 08:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Carl

Have you got a flat bios battery? Try the battery from your old board? CMOS
jumper set to normal and not clear bios option?
Old February 9th 07, 06:36 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Augustus

" wrote in message
Hi all,
I just built a new AMD Athlon 64 4000 rig with a geforce 7600gt video
card, asus a8n mobo with Antec True Power Trio TP3-430 ATX12V 430W . I got
it all together but when I power it up nothing happens. All the fans come
on in the case, cpu, and video card. But nothing else happens, now warning
sounds and the display just stays black. I tried a different Hard drive
and it still just does the same thing. What should I try nex? Any help
appreciated.

I've run into this the odd time with a few other boards. Turns out that
there was a grounding problem with either a m/b mounting screw or contact
between the underside of the board and the case in one spot. I'd remove the
board from the case, check for issues and reinstall. Theother suggestions
are all good ones too.

Old February 10th 07, 07:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
One_shot_weasel

amazing!
http://nakedcamerondiaz.info/raped/288181
regards, One_shot_weasel

Old February 10th 07, 10:19 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Bill

In article , lid
says...
amazing!

snip
regards, One_shot_weasel

Another spam run. Wonder which trojan he's offering today?

Bill
--
Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.
Old February 12th 07, 11:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Davy

FYI:
You'll get bios POST (boot) and be able to access the bios with just
the bare essentials....

That is with just the CPU, RAM and Graphic card installed... as
previously stated without this POST nothing will happen because when
you hit that power ON button the bios wakes up, looks in the mirror if
all is well gives a beep if all is well handing over the control to
the CPU which then request that window and any start up programmes to
be loaded into RAM ~ if he don't like the look's he'll hop back into
bed and leave you pondering.

Supposing.... with just the bare essentials all was ok and you got the
bios to POST and give that single bleep... "Oh dear wots gonna
happen with no hard drive", it will simply ask you to 'Insert
the disc with the operasting system on" or something to that
effect.... may be even "Operating System not found"

So the first goal is getting the bios to POST boot.

Davy