abit kt7a cpu upgrade

Old January 20th 07, 12:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
[email protected]

Default abit kt7a cpu upgrade

I upgraded my kt7 mb a few years ago with an amd xp 2100+ cpu and it
has been working like a champ. I would now like to upgrade a kt7a
(v1.3) mb but 2100+ cpus are hard to find. Would anyone know if either
of these cpus will work without modding? The price difference between
them is only $10. Thanks in advance.
AXDA2400DKV3C
Part# AXDA2400DKV3C
Core Frequency: 2000MHz
Bus Frequency:266MHz
Core Voltage:1.65V
Model:8
Progress Technology:0.13 Micron
CPU PGA Package: Organic
Processor Co Thoroughbred
______________________________________
Part# AXDA2500DKV4D
BARTON

Old January 20th 07, 07:52 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Wes Newell

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:51:59 -0800, wayne.raymond wrote:

I upgraded my kt7 mb a few years ago with an amd xp 2100+ cpu and it
has been working like a champ. I would now like to upgrade a kt7a
(v1.3) mb but 2100+ cpus are hard to find. Would anyone know if either
of these cpus will work without modding? The price difference between
them is only $10. Thanks in advance.
AXDA2400DKV3C
Part# AXDA2400DKV3C
Core Frequency: 2000MHz
Bus Frequency:266MHz
Core Voltage:1.65V
Model:8
Progress Technology:0.13 Micron
CPU PGA Package: Organic
Processor Co Thoroughbred
______________________________________
Part# AXDA2500DKV4D
BARTON

Any cpu that the part number ends with a "C" will work. The C means the
default FSB is 133MHz 266FSB (not Mhz). Ending with a D means 166Mhz
333FSB and while the 2500+ will work, it will only run at 11x133 in that
old board. The 2400+ will work for sure, either at 15x133 if it's a locked
model (which is default) or 20x100 by default if it's an unlocked model.
See My server below for more info on this.

Old January 20th 07, 08:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Wes Newell

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:51:59 -0800, wayne.raymond wrote:

I should have mentioned your money would be put to much better use
upgrading the MB/CPU/RAM/Video card to something a lot newer and a lot
faster and selling your old stuff on ebay. A couple of examples.

http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/a...subid=14693791

http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/a...subid=14716811

Old January 20th 07, 06:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
[email protected]

Wes Newell wrote:
On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 16:51:59 -0800, wayne.raymond wrote:

I should have mentioned your money would be put to much better use
upgrading the MB/CPU/RAM/Video card to something a lot newer and a lot
faster and selling your old stuff on ebay. A couple of examples.

http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/a...subid=14693791

http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/a...subid=14716811

Thanks for the info Wes. I just wasn't sure if the xt2400+'s were
still all t-bred "b" core or not. I guess there is no way of telling.
I also took a hard look at your advice on a "complete" upgrade vs cpu
upgrade. $50 to double my speed...vs...$350 to triple it. I think I'll
go with the former for now. Thanks again.

Old February 10th 07, 06:16 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
micklips

howdy,

just puchased a 2400 athlon t-bred,
AXDA2400DKV3C
AIUHB 0334MPM

for a KT7A, v1.3, non-raid
will update the bios.

this cpu is unlocked,
so default bios is 20x100

just wondering, how can i get it to 15x133 in the bios ?
is it possible to lock this chip ?

i am aware of resetting the cmos, etc ....
but was hoping someone who has this same situation
could post their bios settings for me.

thanks !

Old February 10th 07, 01:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Wes Newell

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 06:16:37 +0000, micklips wrote:

just puchased a 2400 athlon t-bred,
AXDA2400DKV3C
AIUHB 0334MPM

for a KT7A, v1.3, non-raid
will update the bios.

this cpu is unlocked,
so default bios is 20x100

just wondering, how can i get it to 15x133 in the bios ?

See Multiplier Cross Ref. in My server link below.

is it possible to lock this chip ?

Sure. Opening the L1 bridges will do that. But before you do that, you
might want to just traded for a newer locked model. Many people would like
to have an unlocked model like yours.

i am aware of resetting the cmos, etc .... but was hoping someone who
has this same situation could post their bios settings for me.

Nothing to gain from that.

Most of those CPU's will do 17x133 using the default voltage of 1.65v.
Just set the User defined multiplier to 9x and then the FSB to 133/33.
Save the bios and reboot. Want to be sure it'll work, then raise vcore to
1.70v. If you have the stock AMD cpu cooler it may run a little hot even
at the default 20x100. Suggest a new cooler. TR2-M1 or -M3 (not -M2) will
work good and used to be real cheap (~$8). Well, they seem to be out of
stock most places. This one should work well also.

Geez Liteon takesover BenQ optical drive manufacturing unit and Abit sounds like its in big trouble [email protected] General 4 April 15th 06 02:50 AM
KT7A Upgrade Steve Clarke Abit Motherboards 1 September 1st 04 10:21 PM
Upgrade Report [Hardware Tips: Get the Right Hard Drive - 05/11/2004] Ablang General 0 May 16th 04 03:17 AM
Cisco News Ya'll MemoryDealers General 0 April 21st 04 04:14 PM
Dell EMC 4500 San and Windows Server 2003 Upgrade Clark Storage & Hardrives 3 February 23rd 04 08:44 AM