voltage level readings in the BIOS?

Old June 28th 06, 09:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default voltage level readings in the BIOS?

Can you tell me where there is a voltage level reading in the BIOS
of a Dell Dimension 5150?

Thank you.

Old June 28th 06, 09:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"John Doe" wrote in message
Can you tell me where there is a voltage level reading in the BIOS
of a Dell Dimension 5150?

Thank you.

Voltage level readings for what? Never seen them in a Dell BIOS

Old June 28th 06, 10:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"Tom Scales" wrote:

"John Doe" wrote in message
Can you tell me where there is a voltage level reading in the
BIOS of a Dell Dimension 5150?

Thank you.

Voltage level readings for what?

An Award BIOS used for most branded mainboards shows voltage levels
for the power supply outputs, the CPU, the battery, and others.

Never seen them in a Dell BIOS

OK, thanks.

Old June 29th 06, 12:18 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Tom Scales" wrote:

"John Doe" wrote in message
Can you tell me where there is a voltage level reading in the
BIOS of a Dell Dimension 5150?

Thank you.

Voltage level readings for what?

An Award BIOS used for most branded mainboards shows voltage levels
for the power supply outputs, the CPU, the battery, and others.

Never seen them in a Dell BIOS

OK, thanks.

Dells and most other OEM systems I've seen have not offered that feature. I
do have such a feature (temps, fan speeds, VCore and other voltage readings)
on my homebuilt system (ASUS motherboard).

Some boxes built by a local vendor may or may not offer such.

Old June 29th 06, 01:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"John Doe" wrote in message
Can you tell me where there is a voltage level reading in the BIOS
of a Dell Dimension 5150?

Thank you.

Dell motherboards don't have the voltage level reading feature. Dell BIOS
are dumb downed and do not have all the features of a ASUS or Gigabyte,etc.
motherboard that you purchase off the shelf and build yourself. Same with
overclocking features, temperature features that come on my ASUS
motherboards, Dell decided to leave these types of features out of Dell
BIOS.

J.S.

Old June 29th 06, 03:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

I would try a 3rd party freeware program to monitor voltage levels, fan RPM, and
heat. However, I'm at a loss to name one. Intel provides one for its own
Intel-branded boards, but it does not work with Dell BIOSes. I've tried to
install it.

I doubt that the sensors were left off the Dell motherboards when manufactured.
It usually costs more to omit hardware from a standard design than to leave it
there. The Dell motherboards are based on straight-down-the-middle Intel
designs with some changes in layout.

As for overclocking, why do it? Overclocking simply involves running one or
more hardware elements (CPU and sometimes chipset or memory timings) out of
spec, not a good idea for reliable operation. Engineering specs are there to
be followed, not ignored. The gains in performance from overclocking are
nominal, except maybe for gamers... Ben Myers

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:34:37 -0400, "J.S."
wrote:

. ..

Old June 29th 06, 09:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

There is one called Everest here.
It works on my system, but I haven't tried it on the Dell system yet.

From: Ben Myers ben_myers_spam_me_not charter.net
Newsgroups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Subject: voltage level readings in the BIOS?
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:45:20 -0400

[...]

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:34:37 -0400, "J.S." nospam nospam_wanted.inet7.org
wrote:

news:Xns97F09AB359E480123456789 207.115.17.102...