New card enquiry...

Old April 18th 06, 08:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Default New card enquiry...

My old Sapphire 9800Pro 128mb 256bit card died on me or the fan did. Being
a registered blind person I can't exactly go and change the fan or the
heatsink assembly as its beyond my abilities.

So looking for a new card but not sure which one would be best, be it ATI or
Nvidia...

My current system is a Gigabyte GA7-DXR with a Socket A AMD Athlon XP2400+
266fsb cpu, 1gb ram.

For price I was thinking on either:

Gecube Radeon X1300 512mb DDR2 AGP for £72 (But not sure if that will kill
my CPU.)

Not sure about nvidia route but since my old GF4 Ti4200 is being used at the
moment with another failing fan, have to get another card soon anyways.

Board's limited to 4x AGP so it's not like it's going to use all the
bandwidth so could help the CPU a bit...

--
Skipai