athlon xp 2800 - Ghz?

Old August 11th 05, 10:36 PM
JAD

He has little respect for his folks too, and that's a good thing? typical.
Do you tell your dad when he's mistaken that he's on crack? don't bother
answering................

"Ruel Smith" wrote in message
On the "crack" crack, let me just say that when I first read that post,

tho't, ....."YES!"
Go figure.... ;~D
May I further say that the person who was offended by that
comment....well,
maybe they SHOULD be on crack! (Or valium).

Okay, nuff said on that topic.

Thanks! There you go... The OP understood it wasn't offensive in nature.
Kudos! Glad you've gotten everything straightened out, BTW. (oops...more
slang? Someone else my get offended!)

Old August 12th 05, 12:02 AM
Ruel Smith

"rpl" wrote in message
Ruel Smith wrote:

"your dad's on crack"

Umm...it's a commonly used phrase used to say someone doesn't know what
they're talking about.

IMHO s/"to say"/"by"

It's not meant to get a laugh or entertain.

It doesn't.

It's just everyday slang jargon used by millions.

Population of the world = ?(???,???,???)

Ratio billion:million = ?(???):?

Percentage of people who use that phrase = .?%

You've never heard anyone tell you or someone else "you're on crack..."?

never used the stuff.

I'm almost 37, have a college education, was formerly a beginning
computer programmer, before the dot-com crash and my subsequent layoff,
and am not ignorant by any degree or young enough that I have this
slacker attitude as you suggest. I'm not even in the same ballpark as the
person you've obviously imagined me as being.

"I'm unemployed and middle-aged" would've been sufficient descriptive
though how that's supposed to make a difference is beyond me. And I could
be wrong, but isn't that a little too old to have used/be using crack ?

As far as crack, if you don't know what it is, since it's all over the
television, then you've been hiding in a cave. And, wakeup...crack's used
everywhere, in every major city.

?

See above "Population Percentage" comment.

Again, it's a commonly used phrase that no one I've ever met has ever
been offended by until now. You people sound like a bunch of sensitive
sissies.

Suck it up and get over it! (pssst: now I am being offensive...)

figures; I don't find that phrase offensive; inappropriate perhaps, but
not offensive.

Speaking of not funny... Was this meant to be entertaining? It was plain
goofy and completely void of anything substantial. Anyway, apparently the OP
thought it was alright. I guess I don't need your permission...

Old August 12th 05, 12:04 AM
Ruel Smith

He has little respect for his folks too, and that's a good thing?
typical.
Do you tell your dad when he's mistaken that he's on crack? don't bother
answering................

No, but apparently you're on something...

Old August 12th 05, 03:12 AM
rpl

Ruel Smith wrote:
"rpl" wrote in message

Ruel Smith wrote:

[...]

not particularly, just a heads-up.

It was plain
goofy and completely void of anything substantial. Anyway, apparently the OP
thought it was alright.

Well that's a start.

I guess I don't need your permission...

shrug welcome to the internet.