athlon xp 2800 - Ghz?

Old August 10th 05, 04:53 PM
spodosaurus

DCA wrote:
"Ruel Smith" wrote in message

You're dad's on crack...

You dont need to be rude about something.
the OP should have asked the question before ordering a replacement
however.
His dad may have well seen 2.7 or 2.8 .. Many people see the PR rating
and
think it's the actual speed.. That was what AMD plann'd.. Show the user a
2.8 that runs about like the competitions 2.8..

Lighten up! It's a commonly used phrased that 90% of the public aren't
offended by. Get a sense of humor for God's sake...

Really? - I find it rude too. How about you get an APPROPRIATE sense of
humour and grow up!

It's a common expression. If you find it rude, better isolate yourself
and stay off usenet.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/
Old August 10th 05, 06:33 PM
JAD

--

I find it amazing how people/kids speak to each other and consider it a
'friendly' conversation. Quite frankly its rude and no matter the

How about..."Your dad is 'misinformed' 'mistaken' ", Considering the utter
BS that advertising uses to promote any product, I am surprised that anyone
'NOT IN THE BUSINESS" can figure out what all the Giga - mega hertz is all
about.

Old August 10th 05, 07:01 PM
rpl

spodosaurus wrote:

"your dad's on crack"

It's a common expression.

Only for your value of "common", otherwise it isn't, really.

If you find it rude, better isolate yourself
and stay off usenet.

Ah the "survival of the phitest" theory.

You might try putting a in there somewhere.

Pat
I wouldn't be offended but that's 'cuz I always forget to put the smilie
in there, too.

Old August 10th 05, 07:03 PM
spodosaurus

JAD wrote:
It's a common expression. If you find it rude, better isolate yourself
and stay off usenet.

--

I find it amazing how people/kids speak to each other and consider it a
'friendly' conversation. Quite frankly its rude and no matter the
'commonality' of it, it shows disrespect. The word Bitch

....is profanity, which was not used here, making your analogy completely
baseless. The phrase is an example of where the connotation does not
match the denotation. People who have not advanced beyond the concrete
operational stage of processing miss this point. That's a nice way of
saying 'grow up', in case you missed that, too.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

Old August 10th 05, 07:05 PM
spodosaurus

rpl wrote:
spodosaurus wrote:

"your dad's on crack"

It's a common expression.

Only for your value of "common", otherwise it isn't, really.

If you find it rude, better isolate yourself and stay off usenet.

Ah the "survival of the phitest" theory.

You might try putting a in there somewhere.

Pat
I wouldn't be offended but that's 'cuz I always forget to put the smilie
in there, too.

I wonder if mozilla will render this emoticon:

:-)

the same way as this emoticon:

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

Old August 10th 05, 07:18 PM
JAD

"spodosaurus" wrote in message
JAD wrote:
It's a common expression. If you find it rude, better isolate yourself
and stay off usenet.

--

I find it amazing how people/kids speak to each other and consider it a
'friendly' conversation. Quite frankly its rude and no matter the
'commonality' of it, it shows disrespect. The word Bitch

...is profanity, which was not used here, making your analogy completely
baseless. The phrase is an example of where the connotation does not
match the denotation. People who have not advanced beyond the concrete
operational stage of processing miss this point. That's a nice way of
saying 'grow up', in case you missed that, too.

Wrong! as usual... that is a word referring to a female dog, used in the
breeding of dogs.....but RUDE when used in reference to a person.

Nice use of 'big' words,,, if your going to use them, put them in some kind
of coherent order.