MMc installation trick. 1. install driver for the video card "vivo, aiw" reboot" 2. install ati dvd decoder. reboot 3. install mmc for all the thing that come with your videocard. buttom line.

Old August 3rd 05, 01:28 AM
DDC

Default MMc installation trick. 1. install driver for the video card "vivo, aiw" reboot" 2. install ati dvd decoder. reboot 3. install mmc for all the thing that come with your videocard. buttom line.

Old August 3rd 05, 08:29 AM
patrickp

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 20:28:17 -0400, DDC wrote:

Er, you forgot the DAO/MDAC app, DDC. After the the driver reboot and
before the DVD Decoder.

It's as well to ensure you have your chipset drivers and DirectX 9.0
(preferably c) installed beforehand. Interestingly, the DAO/MDAC now
appears to include Windows Media Encoder 9, so you don't have to worry
about that any more for recent versions.

And, of course, it's as well to have cleaned old drivers off your
system before you start... ;-)

Personally, I'd say as well that, when installing the MMC, use the
Custom Install Option and don't install any apps you don't really
want. I always leave out the Lunchpad (known crash facilitator), the
File Player (file association hog) and the CD Player (why? I've got
better ones on my system).

HTH Patrick

- take five to email me...
Old August 3rd 05, 02:59 PM
DDC

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 07:29:49 GMT, patrickp
wrote:

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 20:28:17 -0400, DDC wrote:

Er, you forgot the DAO/MDAC app, DDC. After the the driver reboot and
before the DVD Decoder.

It's as well to ensure you have your chipset drivers and DirectX 9.0
(preferably c) installed beforehand. Interestingly, the DAO/MDAC now
appears to include Windows Media Encoder 9, so you don't have to worry
about that any more for recent versions.

And, of course, it's as well to have cleaned old drivers off your
system before you start... ;-)

Personally, I'd say as well that, when installing the MMC, use the
Custom Install Option and don't install any apps you don't really
want. I always leave out the Lunchpad (known crash facilitator), the
File Player (file association hog) and the CD Player (why? I've got
better ones on my system).

HTH Patrick

I've forget to mention that i've set in my ide control to dma on hitch
ide device to "i would say, manual" "not let the bios decide" this way
i got a clean installation, and pass the error message that say
"couldn't find what dma on..." anyway you will understand if you get
the message.

I didn't know for the doa/mdac. I guess i had the wm9 plug-in before
the installation of the mmc.

Also it's funny that u say i should have no problem with my dx9.
I'm currently having problem in the dxdiag.
It's say something about the direct show accessing and it ask if i
want to ignore this error to continue or otherwise it can't continue
it crash.

Here what's it is.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service
Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer INC.
System Model: A7N8X-X
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2600+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.9GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 329MB used, 917MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode
DxDiag Previously: Crashed in DirectShow (stage 1)

DxDiag Notes
------------
DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Music Tab: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.
Network Tab: No problems found.

How can i re-install directx 9.0c
When i do so it pass every state of the installation and say that it's
installed but that's not true. Is this a bug from Microsoft or
something????
Old August 3rd 05, 07:55 PM
patrickp

wrote:

[...]

Are you referring to the messages you get when you install MMC telling
you things like 'DMA is not enabled' 'CPU does not support MMX' etc?

Ignore them. Unlike the installations for many other apps, the MMC
configuration app doesn't appear to be able to read system information
properly: I've been installing MMC versions from I don't know when,
and I've almost never had an install without some spurious result from
the configuration app.

I didn't know for the doa/mdac. I guess i had the wm9 plug-in before
the installation of the mmc.

Not the WM9 plugin - the encoder. You need the DAO/MDAC for any 8.x
or 9.x version of MMC, and it seems the most recent ones incorporate
the encoder too; or you can get it from
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/default.aspx

Get the DAO/MDAC from the same page you downloaded the other MMC files
from, of course.

[...]

You could try the redistributable version from

Much bigger download, but it's the complete version: if you unpack it
and run dxsetup.exe, it'll reinstall your DirectX.

Did you install DX9.0c - and your chipset drivers - _before_ you
installed your display driver package? And what videocard do you
actually have?

Patrick

- take five to email me...
Old August 3rd 05, 09:23 PM
DDC

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:55:38 GMT, patrickp
wrote:

How can i re-install directx 9.0c
When i do so it pass every state of the installation and say that it's
installed but that's not true. Is this a bug from Microsoft or
something????

You could try the redistributable version from

This is the dx9.0c that i got but i've find out a new one that is
redistributable. "directx_9c_Aug05sdk_redist.exe"
I will try this one just after writing that.

Much bigger download, but it's the complete version: if you unpack it
and run dxsetup.exe, it'll reinstall your DirectX.

All ready done but no luck.

Did you install DX9.0c - and your chipset drivers - _before_ you
installed your display driver package? And what videocard do you
actually have?

Yep but it's been a while. like almost a year that i haven't format
and did a clean install. Lately i've found 1400 problems in my
registry lol. So i've bought registry mechanic and it solve every
thing but my dx problem... It a must to have.

Ho by the way a got the ati x700pro vivo version. Yes a vivo.
http://apps.ati.com/ATIcompare/result.asp or try
http://apps.ati.com/ATIcompare/ it in.

If your familiar with video editing, could you tell me how can i use
the mmc to use the video encoding feature, i can't seem to find it.

Patrick

- take five to email me...

Old August 4th 05, 12:50 AM
patrickp

wrote:

How can i re-install directx 9.0c
When i do so it pass every state of the installation and say that it's
installed but that's not true. Is this a bug from Microsoft or
something????

You could try the redistributable version from

This is the dx9.0c that i got but i've find out a new one that is
redistributable. "directx_9c_Aug05sdk_redist.exe"
I will try this one just after writing that.

Much bigger download, but it's the complete version: if you unpack it
and run dxsetup.exe, it'll reinstall your DirectX.

All ready done but no luck.

Do you mean that it doesn't fix your problems or that it doesn't
install?

Did you install DX9.0c - and your chipset drivers - _before_ you
installed your display driver package? And what videocard do you
actually have?

Yep but it's been a while. like almost a year that i haven't format
and did a clean install. Lately i've found 1400 problems in my
registry lol. So i've bought registry mechanic and it solve every
thing but my dx problem... It a must to have

Ho by the way a got the ati x700pro vivo version. Yes a vivo.
http://apps.ati.com/ATIcompare/result.asp or try
http://apps.ati.com/ATIcompare/ it in.

Looks like a nice card. Is that 'Built by ATI' or an OEM?

Yes, I've always been partial to VIVO cards. As a cable TV user, the
tuner of an AIW isn't any use to me; it's just a pity ATI don't make
VIVO versions of more of their cards.

If your familiar with video editing, could you tell me how can i use
the mmc to use the video encoding feature, i can't seem to find it.

I'm not particularly up on video editing, but AFAIK MMC doesn't have
any video editing facilities. The encoding simply refers to capturing
video. MMC Library does have a some facility to re-encode formats:
i.e. change from one to another.

Patrick

- take five to email me...
Old August 4th 05, 02:15 AM
DDC

wrote:

How can i re-install directx 9.0c
When i do so it pass every state of the installation and say that it's
installed but that's not true. Is this a bug from Microsoft or
something????

You could try the redistributable version from

This is the dx9.0c that i got but i've find out a new one that is
redistributable. "directx_9c_Aug05sdk_redist.exe"
I will try this one just after writing that.

Much bigger download, but it's the complete version: if you unpack it
and run dxsetup.exe, it'll reinstall your DirectX.

All ready done but no luck.

I mean that "directx_9c_redist.exe" didn't help, because it wouldn't
install a second time but ""directx_9c_Aug05sdk_redist.exe" actually
did re-install"

The bug now is gone. And all the dll are mark as final commercial.

Ho by the way a got the ati x700pro vivo version. Yes a vivo.
http://apps.ati.com/ATIcompare/result.asp or try
http://apps.ati.com/ATIcompare/ it in.

Looks like a nice card. Is that 'Built by ATI' or an OEM?

Yep straight out of the box and build by ati it write on the box so i
can't do mistake huhuhh!!!

Yes, I've always been partial to VIVO cards. As a cable TV user, the
tuner of an AIW isn't any use to me; it's just a pity ATI don't make
VIVO versions of more of their cards.

I think it's new to ati.

I'm not particularly up on video editing, but AFAIK MMC doesn't have
any video editing facilities. The encoding simply refers to capturing
video. MMC Library does have a some facility to re-encode formats:
i.e. change from one to another.

Well this suck cause it would have been really nice to use all the
capability of the card to recode other things...

I was hoping to have that, it was 50% of my next upgrade and 50% for
the vivo feature... Well at least a got some new technology base on
the rv420 of the x800 series and gddr3 mem witch is at lest 2 time
faster than sdram ddr. Smile.

Patrick

Thank you

Old August 4th 05, 08:20 AM
patrickp

wrote:

How can i re-install directx 9.0c
When i do so it pass every state of the installation and say that it's
installed but that's not true. Is this a bug from Microsoft or
something????

You could try the redistributable version from

This is the dx9.0c that i got but i've find out a new one that is
redistributable. "directx_9c_Aug05sdk_redist.exe"
I will try this one just after writing that.

Much bigger download, but it's the complete version: if you unpack it
and run dxsetup.exe, it'll reinstall your DirectX.

All ready done but no luck.

I mean that "directx_9c_redist.exe" didn't help, because it wouldn't
install a second time but ""directx_9c_Aug05sdk_redist.exe" actually
did re-install"

The bug now is gone. And all the dll are mark as final commercial.

Strange. I've always found that the redistributable will do a
re-install.

Ho by the way a got the ati x700pro vivo version. Yes a vivo.
http://apps.ati.com/ATIcompare/result.asp or try
http://apps.ati.com/ATIcompare/ it in.

Looks like a nice card. Is that 'Built by ATI' or an OEM?

Yep straight out of the box and build by ati it write on the box so i
can't do mistake huhuhh!!!

Yes, I've always been partial to VIVO cards. As a cable TV user, the
tuner of an AIW isn't any use to me; it's just a pity ATI don't make
VIVO versions of more of their cards.

I think it's new to ati.

No, they've made VIVO models since at least the RAGE Pro models (long
before Radeons), and probably before that. The pity to me is that
there aren't VIVO versions of more of their cards, as opposed to AIWs
- they do an AIW version of almost every range they do.

I'm not particularly up on video editing, but AFAIK MMC doesn't have
any video editing facilities. The encoding simply refers to capturing
video. MMC Library does have a some facility to re-encode formats:
i.e. change from one to another.

Well this suck cause it would have been really nice to use all the
capability of the card to recode other things...

You need other apps for that. Check out the TMPGEnc ones -
http://www.pegasys-inc.com/

I was hoping to have that, it was 50% of my next upgrade and 50% for
the vivo feature... Well at least a got some new technology base on
the rv420 of the x800 series and gddr3 mem witch is at lest 2 time
faster than sdram ddr. Smile.

Patrick

Thank you

You're welcome, for what help I could give. Patrick

- take five to email me...