Asus k7v133 - fastest possible processor to get / clock?

Old February 11th 07, 01:29 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd

Default Asus k7v133 - fastest possible processor to get / clock?

currently running an older system based on this board with an Athlon 950.

wondering what is the fastest processor i could upgrade it to? would
updating BIOS or overclocking make a difference?

Thanks

Old February 11th 07, 05:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Wes Newell

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 01:29:32 +0000, j wrote:

currently running an older system based on this board with an Athlon 950.

wondering what is the fastest processor i could upgrade it to? would
updating BIOS or overclocking make a difference?

Is that perhaps an A7V133?

Old February 11th 07, 05:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Paul

j wrote:
currently running an older system based on this board with an Athlon 950.

wondering what is the fastest processor i could upgrade it to? would
updating BIOS or overclocking make a difference?

Thanks

There is a list here.
http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/c...=en-us&cache=1

Note the PCB revision shown in the table is "1.05." where
the trailing period is important. There are "1.05" and "1.05."
boards, and the entries in the table are for "1.05." and not
the other one.

There is also some info here, as to what might work
unofficially.

http://www.a7vtroubleshooting.com/info/cpu/index.htm

Paul
Old February 11th 07, 02:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Wes Newell

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 05:25:46 +0000, Wes Newell wrote:

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 01:29:32 +0000, j wrote:

currently running an older system based on this board with an Athlon 950.

wondering what is the fastest processor i could upgrade it to? would
updating BIOS or overclocking make a difference?

Is that perhaps an A7V133?

I should add that a socket A MB shoud run any socket A cpu right up to
the 3200+ if there isn't some kind of basic design flaw with them. My old
KT7-Raid board ran an XP 2100+ at 2400MHz (24x100) without a problem.
There's more info in the My server link below. You aren't limited to what
the Asus CPU support list says, just like old KT7 boards (KT133 chipset)
aren't limted to the 1400 tbird.