80mm fan recommendations?

Old August 22nd 05, 03:18 PM
John McGaw

Dave wrote:
"John McGaw" wrote in message
. ..

Lee wrote:

Need a better 80mm cpu cooling fan something pushing out about
3500rpm-4000rpm with good airflow nothing extreme like those Delta's or
Vantec Tornado's
TIA.

Google is your friend:

Did you get paid to say that or did you think of that all by your self?

Paid of course. $0.25 per occurrence for the first hundred per month.
$0.35 thereafter.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]
Old August 22nd 05, 09:23 PM
Lee

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 18:06:08 -0400, John McGaw wrote:

:Lee wrote:
: On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:39:45 -0400, John McGaw wrote:
:
:
::Lee wrote:
:: Need a better 80mm cpu cooling fan something pushing out about
:: 3500rpm-4000rpm with good airflow nothing extreme like those Delta's or
:: Vantec Tornado's
:: TIA.
::
::Google is your friend:
::
::http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=130261
:
: Thanks John I did search google high low before posting on here for a sunon
: fan but couldn't get anywhere, for some reason the Scan International
: website seems to be down doesn't work?
:
: Anybody else know where to get a hi speed 80mm fan for good cpu cooling I
: basically want it for my ALX800 heatsink cooler which is sat on a 2500+ xp
: mobile processor that will be overclocked quite a lot I am thinking at
: the moment I only have a case fan on it thats doing about 2500rpm and hasn't
: got a great airflow I don't think temps are idling about 45c @2500+ and
: about 49c on load which I know is pretty good especially for the fan on it
: but I want lower temps.
:
:I've found that most fans attached to CPU coolers don't move as much air
:as one might expect from their free-air output. A matter of physics
:really -- you place a mass of fins in the airstream and the flow just
:goes to hell. And the more fins there are the worse it gets. That
:doesn't mean that the cooling is suffering especially if a balance of
:fin area and airflow is achieved.
:
:I don't know where you are in the UK and whether there is a convenient
:computer shop in the high street. If you want to order from some other
:sort of supplier you might just browse through amazon.co.uk's selection.
:It isn't the largest variety ever seen but the prices aren't bad and
:they can usually deliver promptly (I actually order from Amazon in the
:UK on occasion and they even manage to get my purchases to the US
:quickly). Otherwise you can just google for "80mm fan UK" and then slog
:through the returns. Or if you are looking particularly for a Sunon fan
:"80mm sunon fan uk"? I prefer the Panaflo fans and have been using them
:forever especially when sound level is of concern.

Got ****ed off in end John finding a UK online seller for the Panaflo or
Sunon 80mm fans is like trying to get hold of moondust or something! lol
even tried ebay for these with no luck! In end I opted for this YS Tech fan
from overclockers uk
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...S_Tech_60.html
the 80mm 1 pushing out 3000rpm seems to have good airflow should be better
than current anyway

Thanks for all your help buddy anyway much appreciated.
Old August 23rd 05, 12:00 PM
Dave

"John McGaw" wrote in message
.. .
Dave wrote:
"John McGaw" wrote in message
. ..

Lee wrote:

Need a better 80mm cpu cooling fan something pushing out about
3500rpm-4000rpm with good airflow nothing extreme like those Delta's or
Vantec Tornado's
TIA.

Google is your friend:

Did you get paid to say that or did you think of that all by your self?

Paid of course. $0.25 per occurrence for the first hundred per month.
$0.35 thereafter.

Good comeback

Dave