Ebuyer problem... Missing items.

Old July 23rd 03, 12:50 AM
tHatDudeUK

Default Ebuyer problem... Missing items.

A delivery was received missing 2 items with one of them just being an empty
box. The main box appeared to have been opened and re-taped.

Contacted ebuyer who have acknowledged the problem and said they will
"investigate".

Any ideas how long it'll take to get these items delivered again?

I feel weird about this because I could, for example, order a laptop along
with a load of gear and say I never got it :-) (I wish.)

Anyhow, thanks in advance....

tHatDudeUK

Old July 23rd 03, 02:00 AM
Ian Hastie

In article ,
tHatDudeUK wrote:
A delivery was received missing 2 items with one of them just being an empty
box. The main box appeared to have been opened and re-taped.

Contacted ebuyer who have acknowledged the problem and said they will
"investigate".

Any ideas how long it'll take to get these items delivered again?

I feel weird about this because I could, for example, order a laptop along
with a load of gear and say I never got it :-) (I wish.)

I was thinking of how they might be able to check on something like
this. One possible approach would be to check the weight of the pacakge
with the couriers. Then check to see if it differs from the weight of
the items you ordered by that of the goods you claim to be missing. The
only problem is the accuracy of package weighing and recording. I
suppose it should work in theory, but then when did that have much to do
with real life?! *8)

--
Ian.

EOM
Old July 23rd 03, 09:27 AM
Andy

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message

"Ian Hastie" wrote in message
t...
I was thinking of how they might be able to check on something like
this. One possible approach would be to check the weight of the pacakge
with the couriers. Then check to see if it differs from the weight of
the items you ordered by that of the goods you claim to be missing. The
only problem is the accuracy of package weighing and recording. I
suppose it should work in theory, but then when did that have much to do
with real life?! *8)

It particularly strikes me that there was an empty box in there. If I was
doing the picking I'd notice it was empty when I picked it up. I suspect a
possible theft on behalf of either the courier or the picker at Ebuyer.

It *does* appear as though the box has been sealed and reopened then

sealed
again....

Out of interest does the packaging slip inside give the name of the packer?.
If had totally the wrong item turn up from ebuyer. The slip inside has a
space for the packers name but mine has been left blank.
Im really disapponited because i paid for next day deliuvery because of the
urgency.
I'm now in for a 3/4 week wait going by past history to get this sorted and
as yet still no reply to my enote.

Old July 23rd 03, 03:16 PM
tHatDudeUK

"Andy" wrote in message
Out of interest does the packaging slip inside give the name of the

packer?.
If had totally the wrong item turn up from ebuyer. The slip inside has a
space for the packers name but mine has been left blank.
Im really disapponited because i paid for next day deliuvery because of

the
urgency.
I'm now in for a 3/4 week wait going by past history to get this sorted

and
as yet still no reply to my enote.

In my case a phone call, second in queue, e-mail not too long later stating
they will investigate. I was impressed based on what I'd heard in here in
the past.

Hopefully I won't be wating too long for my gear.

I'll have to look for a packing slip....