Keyboard question

Old August 30th 03, 12:54 AM
metronid

Default Keyboard question

I had a gentleman send me a Hillary MB
I am databasing all the chipsets and other information
I am scanning MB and storing this info also

The keyboard port seems to be bad
The generous person who dent it to me free
said he was aware of this

I was informed that only the OEM keyboard that came with the unit will work
He states this is a fact
I have no way of knowing if this is fact without the]
keyboard

Unit has a standard ps2 connectors
I assume any ps2 compatible keyboard should work

None have worked for me
The sender says he has the OEM keyboard
and that is the only one that has worked for him

Is there anything that i am missing except the keyboard
the sender says that works

Old August 30th 03, 03:07 AM
Ben Myers

All the Hillary motherboards I've ever touched worked just fine with most any
PS/2-style 101-key keyboard. The Hillary uses an Intel Triton 430FX chipset and
was manufactured by Intel for PB, so it is a very standard straight down the
middle garden variety mobo, except for the low-profile LPX form factor.

Anybody needing replacement Hillary or plug-compatible and slightly upgraded LPX
motherboards should give me a holler. I've collected them all together. Some
are Socket 7, some Socket 5, one actually supports the Pentium MMX, will supply
fastest CPU possible with a board. Fair and reasonable prices for what they are
in today's world of computing... Ben Myers

Old August 31st 03, 04:21 AM
metronid

I was 100% sure
I could not nor would not call the person who told me that his OEM keyboard
was the
only one that worked and say that he is wrong
I think that is better left alone since he gave it to me free
I can only congratulate him for good will

Sometimes even though something seems to be a certainty
there is often a variable that is overlooked
He even says that he is willing to send me the keyboard
free to prove it

I thank you for you info on the Hillary
I will not be building one with such a motherboard

I was just gathering information on the chipset numbers
and making a post that was not an attack or counter attack

Just trying to get this newsgroup talking computers again

Old August 31st 03, 12:10 PM
Elector

news

You wrote:
" Just trying to get this newsgroup talking computers again"

I think this group has always talked computers, it has been attacked by a
troll and disrupter who "tried" to destroy this group. It was a shame. But
this group is going back to normal. I have answered a few questions, as has
been and yourself and Simon popped in to answer a question so the group will
survive.

Elector

Old August 31st 03, 12:35 PM
Elector

"Elector" wrote in message
You wrote:
" Just trying to get this newsgroup talking computers again"

I think this group has always talked computers, it has been attacked by a
troll and disrupter who "tried" to destroy this group. It was a shame. But
this group is going back to normal. I have answered a few questions, as

has
been and yourself and Simon popped in to answer a question so the group

will
survive.

Elector

"been" was supposed to be "Ben" oops!

Elector

Old September 14th 03, 07:49 PM
Liz

I brought home my daughter's computer home from college, to see find
out if her modem had 'bit the dust'. I didn't realize that she had a
HP multimedia keyboard. If I plugged in a regular PS/2 keyboard into
her system, would it function or damage the computer now or later when
she plugs the correct keyboard into it?
thanks for any help.