Fuse for Dell speaker system?

Old April 2nd 06, 02:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Fuse for Dell speaker system?

The fuse in my subwoofer blew and I wish to buy replacements to have on
hand, but I cannot find out what it relates to in North American terms.
It is a glass tube about 5mm X 20mm, with the markings T1.6L on it. The
local Radio Shack didn't have a clue and internet searches have been not as
fruitful as one would hope. Contacting Dell about it had exactly the same
effect as banging ones head against a brick wall.
Anyone know anything about it. One guesses it might be a 1.6 amp, but I
would like to do more than guess... Looking for amperage and voltage.
Thanks.

Old April 2nd 06, 03:17 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

why don't you start by telling us exactly what model speaker you are talking
about?
and are you sure that there are no markings engraved on the side wall of the
metal ends of the fuse?

Old April 2nd 06, 03:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 13:45:41 GMT, "Chris and Pamela"
wrote:

The fuse in my subwoofer blew and I wish to buy replacements to have on
hand, but I cannot find out what it relates to in North American terms.
It is a glass tube about 5mm X 20mm, with the markings T1.6L on it. The
local Radio Shack didn't have a clue and internet searches have been not as
fruitful as one would hope. Contacting Dell about it had exactly the same
effect as banging ones head against a brick wall.
Anyone know anything about it. One guesses it might be a 1.6 amp, but I
would like to do more than guess... Looking for amperage and voltage.
Thanks.

Take a picture and post an image of it.

Probably, it is a standard 1.6 amp,250 volt slow blow fuse. Trying
Radio Sludge is not a good way to find fuses, however...
Old April 2nd 06, 05:04 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"PeterD" wrote in message
| On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 13:45:41 GMT, "Chris and Pamela"
| wrote:
|
| The fuse in my subwoofer blew and I wish to buy replacements to have on
| hand, but I cannot find out what it relates to in North American terms.
| It is a glass tube about 5mm X 20mm, with the markings T1.6L on it. The
| local Radio Shack didn't have a clue and internet searches have been not
as
| fruitful as one would hope. Contacting Dell about it had exactly the same
| effect as banging ones head against a brick wall.
| Anyone know anything about it. One guesses it might be a 1.6 amp, but I
| would like to do more than guess... Looking for amperage and voltage.
| Thanks.
|

| Take a picture and post an image of it.
|
| Probably, it is a standard 1.6 amp,250 volt slow blow fuse. Trying
| Radio Sludge is not a good way to find fuses, however...

Here's a couple of shots out of my 6560's.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/hillbillybuddha/fuse1.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/hillbillybuddha/fuse2.jpg

Sorry the focus isn't better. Best I could do on short notice.

On Mine it says T1.6L 250v and has what looks like a Westinghouse logo
(circled W with a dot over it)

hth

Note: I'm not the OP just trying to help out.

--
Doug

Old April 2nd 06, 05:32 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

According to a search at Digi-Key (an excelent place to buy electronic
components)....

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/dksea...?KeywordSearch

It looks like a T1.6L is rated as

Current: 1.6A
Voltage-Rated 250VAC
Fuse Type Slow-Blow, Long Time Lag
Vendor Bel Fuse Inc
Price: $0.22 in quantity, $0.75 each.

Digi-Key part no. 507-1113-3-ND
Manufacturer part number MRT 1.6AMMO

Spec Sheet
http://dkc3.digikey.com/PDF/T061/1350.pdf

Old April 2nd 06, 06:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

HillBilly, that's it, the exact same one.

"HillBillyBuddhist" wrote in message
.. .

Old April 2nd 06, 08:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

go to raido shack and get a 1.6amp 240v slow blow fuse... you can get a
regular fuse (non slow blow) but you may find that it blows out often... the
slow blow means it has to be pushed for an extened period before it fails.
bring your fuse with you to ensure that you get the right length.
though radio shack's motto is 'you got questions, we got answers' it is rare
to find a knowledable person there who actually does have answers...
here's one that they list in the on line catalog... but it is not
slow-blow... http://tinyurl.com/ef3qq

Old April 3rd 06, 02:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 16:04:18 GMT, "HillBillyBuddhist"
wrote:

Here's a couple of shots out of my 6560's.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/hillbillybuddha/fuse1.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/hillbillybuddha/fuse2.jpg

Sorry the focus isn't better. Best I could do on short notice.

Looks like as I said: standard sized slow blow 1.6 amp, 250 volt,
glass cartridge fuse.
Old April 4th 06, 02:41 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

I see those are available readily in the US on the Radio Shack website. They
seem to be less available here in Canada, for reasons that escape me
completely. Guess I'll have to hunt it down or order from the US.
I thank you all for your help, but I gotta admit, it irks me to death that
DELL wasn't able to provide me with 1/10th the amount of information you
guys have...

wrote:

Here's a couple of shots out of my 6560's.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/hillbillybuddha/fuse1.jpg
http://home.columbus.rr.com/hillbillybuddha/fuse2.jpg

Sorry the focus isn't better. Best I could do on short notice.

Looks like as I said: standard sized slow blow 1.6 amp, 250 volt,
glass cartridge fuse.

Trouble cloning XP with Ghost 2003 Kevin Storage (alternative) 26 February 8th 05 05:33 AM
Under monitor one piece speaker system? [email protected] Dell Computers 3 October 22nd 04 07:27 PM
My system seems to "recover" with great frequency Louise Homebuilt PC's 3 May 17th 04 06:02 AM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan General 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM
Altec Lansing 251 Speaker System -Manda- General 1 July 15th 03 06:15 AM