Yes, this is THE system

Old April 4th 06, 01:53 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Default Yes, this is THE system

After cancelling and rescheduling a few times, I ended up with the
following, at what I think is an amazing price. The Intel Wireless
3945 is showing as a/g but I thinkthat it should say a/b/g, right?
When I did some web searches it came up that way. I'm deleting McAfee
right away and going with Avast, Zone Alarm, Spybot, free edition.

Duo 1.83G, 1G RAM, 100G h.d., Video card (step up from integrated),
DVD+/-RW, Better Wireless card, Bluetooth, 6-cell and 9-cell
batteries, 3 year warranty, 3 year complete care, backup media
-- all for $1,276.29 including tax and shipping.

I remember the days when it was unheard of for a laptop to have a CD
drive, and I paid around $2,500 for an 800 x 600 display and 4G hard
drive!

1 Inspiron E1505, Intel Core Duoprocessor T2400
(2MB/1.83GHz/667MHz) $1,012.00
1 15.4 Inch UltraSharp TrueLife Wide-screen WSXGA+, for Inspiron
6400/E1505 $0.00
1 1GB, DDR2, 533MHz 2 Dimm for Inspiron 6400/E1505 $0.00
1 128MB ATI MOBILITY RADEON X1300 HyperMemory, for Inspiron
6400/E1505 $0.00
1 100GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive for Inspiron 6400/E1505 $0.00
1 Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, English
without Media, for Inspiron $0.00
1 Integrated 10/100 Network Cardand Modem, for Inspiron $0.00
1 8X DVD+/-RW Drive for Inspiron 6400/E1505 $0.00
1 Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps), for for
Inspiron 6400/E1505 $0.00
1 Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Module (2.0+EDR) for Inspiron
6400/E1505 $0.00
1 53 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery, for Inspiron
6400/E1505 $0.00
1 3 Year Limited Warranty $0.00
1 Soft Contracts - Qualxserve $0.00
1 Warranty Support,2 Year Extended $0.00
1 Warranty Support,Initial Year $0.00
1 Dell Hardware Warranty PlusOnsite Service, Initial Year $0.00
1 Type 15- Third Party At HomeService with Nights and Weekends,
24x7 Technical Support,Initial Year $0.00
1 Dell Hardware Warranty PlusOnsite Service, Extended Year $0.00
1 Type 15- Third Party At Home Service with Nights and Week
ends, 24x7 Technical Support, 2 Year Extended $0.00
1 CompleteCare Accidental DamageProtection, Inspiron, 3 Year
$119.00
1 85 WHr 9-cell Lithium Ion Additional Battery, for Inspiron
6400/E1505 $73.08
1 Backup media for XP Media Center,Inspiron $5.66

Sub-Total $1,209.74
Shipping $0.00
Tax $66.55
Total Price $1,276.29
Old April 4th 06, 02:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 19:53:19 -0500, journey
wrote:

Duo 1.83G, 1G RAM, 100G h.d., Video card (step up from integrated),
DVD+/-RW, Better Wireless card, Bluetooth, 6-cell and 9-cell
batteries, 3 year warranty, 3 year complete care, backup media
-- all for $1,276.29 including tax and shipping.

I forgot to mention WSXGA+ Truelife screen.

Woo hoo, I can't wait for the new toy.

Technically it's not my laptop but I get to use it as if it were. An
organization I volunteer for is providing it. I will keep most of my
personal stuff on the 630m, but any development, web design,
converting their library system from Filemaker to Access, will be done
on this new laptop.

Much better than the Mac it is replacing ...

Journey
Old April 4th 06, 02:21 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

"journey" wrote in message
After cancelling and rescheduling a few times, I ended up with the
following, at what I think is an amazing price. The Intel Wireless
3945 is showing as a/g but I thinkthat it should say a/b/g, right?

G implies B

Old April 4th 06, 05:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

It's really zipping through their system. Today it went from "pre
order" to "boxing". The last computer though was in "boxing" for 3
days.

Journey
Old April 5th 06, 12:33 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Yeah, mine sat over the weekend and through last night as 'in
production', and now its showing its been shipped, with a drop off
date of next Tuesday, versus the original next Friday date I'd been
told, which makes me very happy... actually get to use it for 2 days
of classes this semester.