Compaq 1200

Old August 31st 04, 05:15 AM
Bruno

Default Compaq 1200

Hi,

I have a problem with my notebooks compaq pressario 1200.

I don't know if I am in the good newsgroup for my question, if it's not the
case I'am sorry for this mail.

I bought my computer six years ago. It works under Windows Me but I would
like to know if it's possible to change my version of Windows ? (I wish to
install Windows NT.)
The problem leads in the fact that it is a notebooks computer and not a
desktop one. I have only two restore-CD which contain all informations for
the installation : Windows and all pilots for the peripherics. In these CD I
cannot identify where is Windows or the pilots : all is installed in one go.
So when I format my disk and try to install another version of Windows (from
a commercial CD of Windows) my peripherics are not recognized and I never
succeded to indentify them or downloading them from internet.

So, I would like to know if it's possible for a notebooks computer to change
its original configuration ?

Thanks in advance for you responses,
Bruno.

Old August 31st 04, 10:02 AM
Bruno

I wanted to say a "mobile" computer and not a "notebooks" one. Sorry for my
english, I'm not english-speaker.

Bruno.

Old August 31st 04, 11:54 AM
HH

Unfortunately Windows NT is not supported on Presarios and Compaq supplies
no drivers for it. The ones on the QuickRestore CD will not work under NT.
HH

Old August 31st 04, 04:57 PM
Kevin Childers

If the machine will support NT (3.5 or 4?) you would have to hunt down
the drivers on your own. Then there is the question if there are even
drivers for the peripherals written for NT. I'd recommend you see first if
the hardware will run NT and then if there are drivers supported under NT.
Then and only then would I attempt to change OS.

As for ME, though it is much maligned, I have been able to run it on a
number of older machines (circa 2000) as successfully as any M$ operating
system to date.

KC

Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 August 21st 04 11:30 AM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 31st 04 02:23 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 24th 04 02:30 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 3rd 04 04:25 AM
Compaq ready to go Jazzy Ban Compaq Computers 0 October 14th 03 02:54 PM