Anyone taken Ebuyer to Small Claims Court ?

Old September 23rd 04, 06:17 PM
Parish

Rob S wrote:

And how come you and Parish are both ?

*I'm*
, Rob S is an imposter :-)

Parish
Old September 23rd 04, 06:17 PM
Parish

||| |||| |||||| ||||||| wrote:
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:39:03 +0100, Rob S
wrote:

Does your barcode translate to anything useful?

It's: Oven ready armadillo in red wine sauce £3.49*

*This week it's buy 3 get 17 free.

Hmmm, BTGSF? doesn't quite trip off the tongue like BOGOF does ;-)

Parish
Old September 23rd 04, 09:19 PM
GwG

"Parish" wrote in message ...
Rob S wrote:

And how come you and Parish are both ?

*I'm*
, Rob S is an imposter :-)

I am also
and have been since birth.

Old September 24th 04, 02:28 PM
Rob S

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:17:30 +0100, Parish wrote:

-Rob S wrote:
-
- And how come you and Parish are both ?
-
-
-*I'm*
, Rob S is an imposter :-)

I think Twisted Sister put it best with I AM I'M ME.

Quite profound, these heavy rockers.

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com
Old October 12th 04, 07:54 PM
Paul Hopwood

"Jeremiah Harbottle" wrote:

Seems standard - I had a problem with an IPAQ, and the company I bought it
from just gave me a phone number at Compaq. Next day someone turned up from
UPS with a pre-paid envelope. I called them when it was all packed up and
they came to collect it.

It's good that many hardware manufacturers take after-sales support
seriously, when they legally have very few obligations to
end-users....

I did say the people I bought if off should deal with it, but they just said
they would if I really wanted, but it'd end up in a queue of returns at
their place and they'd just call the same number and arrange it to be picked
up!

.... but it's a shame that vendors don't put so much effort in and
often "fob off" customers in this way. They *are* legally obliged to
deal with faulty goods and, quite often, make more profit on the sale
than the manufacturer.

For some goods with good manufacturer support it's worthwhile dealing
"direct" to speed up the process and reduce the overall cost in the
supply chain which means, ultimately, *we* as consumers enjoy lower
costs. It's worth considering however there is a degree of risk; once
you've involved the manufacturers you may have effectively let the
supplier "off the hook" as they cease to be liable for any subsequent
problems.

--
iv Paul iv

Old October 13th 04, 02:14 AM
Jeremiah Harbottle

this is for a laptop £800, they seem to think they can fob me off by
telling me to deal with the makers but seeing as I bought it from them
and not the makers I don't see why I should, no contact from them
since August now from them and they seem to refuse to answer special
delivery mail and their own E Notes so looks like the last option is
court

Old October 31st 04, 06:00 PM
Gaz

"Cpt Jack Sparrow" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:57:23 GMT, "Cicero"
wrote:

"Cpt Jack Sparrow" wrote in message
. ..
I've got a problem with them that might end up with a Small Claims
Court summons, anyone here ever used one against them ?
--

E-Mail Addy ---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

http://www.keratoconus-group.org.uk/

=================
Yes, I used the 'Small Claims' procedure successfully. When Ebuyer
ignored
my complaints and refused to refund my money I issued a summons (cost
about
£30-00 at the time but since increased I believe). Ebuyer paid up in full
within a few days without going to court. They refunded the original sum
claimed and the cost of the summons.

There seems to be a rather resigned attitude amongst some disappointed
Ebuyer customers that it isn't worth taking court action for a 'few quid'.
In my case it was *only* about £40-00 and I certainly didn't expect to be
ignored for such a sum. If you are sure of your ground and you've given
Ebuyer adequate time to sort things out then taking court action is quite
reasonable and likely to be successful.

Best of luck,

Cic.

this is for a laptop £800, they seem to think they can fob me off by
telling me to deal with the makers but seeing as I bought it from them
and not the makers I don't see why I should, no contact from them
since August now from them and they seem to refuse to answer special
delivery mail and their own E Notes so looks like the last option is
court

Beware, a poster on here claims they lost a case against a retailer because
they refused to deal with the manufacturer, when recomended to by the
retailer.

Gaz