Incorrect goods delivered, who pays to return them ?

Old July 30th 04, 11:46 AM
James Sorbet

Default Incorrect goods delivered, who pays to return them ?

I purchased some computer parts online and one item , a case
with power supply, is not the UK version as advertised on the website.
I had assumed that any incorrectly sent item would be their
responsibility to collect and that they should do so when sending the
correct item, as the order is effectively missing an item and they
have sent me an unordered item.
I'm hoping that someone here can inform me as to the correct
procedure i need to follow and what my rights and responsibilities are
in this case.

Try calling them and asking them to send you a free UK type kettle lead.
It'll be cheaper for them either way.

Generally the best advice in any dispute is to give Trading Standards a
call. They really are good. They'll usually give the company a call and
their clout will be enough to get it sorted. If not, they'll tell you what
steps to take.

Old July 30th 04, 12:33 PM
Arch

Ron wrote in message ...
Hi
I purchased some computer parts online and one item , a case
with power supply, is not the UK version as advertised on the website.
I notified the company via their website asking them to arrange an
exchange with the correct item and they responded that i have to
obtain a rma and send the item back at my cost.
I had assumed that any incorrectly sent item would be their
responsibility to collect and that they should do so when sending the
correct item, as the order is effectively missing an item and they
have sent me an unordered item.
I'm hoping that someone here can inform me as to the correct
procedure i need to follow and what my rights and responsibilities are
in this case.

Thanks
Ron

to answer your question. yes you're right they have to arrange collection
or refund you the cost of postage
personally id enforce the collection. i never pay to return goods on the
promise i will be refunded later
because in my case it didnt happen and it wasnt worth me persuing for £6

Old July 30th 04, 07:00 PM
A clever name

Ron wrote in message ...
Hi
I purchased some computer parts online and one item , a case
with power supply, is not the UK version as advertised on the website.
I notified the company via their website asking them to arrange an
exchange with the correct item and they responded that i have to
obtain a rma and send the item back at my cost.
I had assumed that any incorrectly sent item would be their
responsibility to collect and that they should do so when sending the
correct item, as the order is effectively missing an item and they
have sent me an unordered item.
I'm hoping that someone here can inform me as to the correct
procedure i need to follow and what my rights and responsibilities are
in this case.

Thanks
Ron

It's the vendor's responsibility. The goods are not as described, ie not uk
spec, and as such you have grounds for a full refund, and for refusal under
DSR. They are in breach of contract and you shouldn't be expected to pay for
their error. That said, if the only thing that is different to UK spec is
the power lead and you're happy to accept it, then (as the previous poster
has pointed out) it'd be common sense for the company concerned to just send
you a UK powerlead FOC.

Old July 30th 04, 07:12 PM
hugh.w.p

"A clever name" wrote in message

Ron wrote in message ...
Hi

, if the only thing that is different to UK spec is
the power lead and you're happy to accept it, then (as the previous poster
has pointed out) it'd be common sense for the company concerned to just

send
you a UK powerlead FOC.

I would not expect a power lead with a Case/psu only ever had 1 with the 8
or so cases I've bought from online vendors, and yes it was a German plug,
just chucked it, a Uk one is only about a quid or so

Hugh

Old July 30th 04, 07:23 PM
Dave

Ron wrote in message ...
Hi
I purchased some computer parts online and one item , a case
with power supply, is not the UK version as advertised on the website.

snip.......
what do you mean???? how can a case be a "uk" version, the power supply
normally has a 240/120 watt selection on it, see they can be shipped all
over the world.
I suspect that its the power cable you didnt correctly receive (or you
received one design for another country) simply just use your old power
cable or buy a new one (a few quid) or if ya really tight, you might find
ya kettle lead fits.

Old July 30th 04, 07:58 PM
Bob Eager

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:00:27 UTC, "A clever name"
wrote:

It's the vendor's responsibility. The goods are not as described, ie not uk
spec, and as such you have grounds for a full refund, and for refusal under
DSR.

No, SOGA. Using the DSR means the vendor is allowed to charge teh
postage in some situations. SOGA is the correct 'tool' here.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Old July 30th 04, 07:58 PM
Bob Eager

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:12:42 UTC, "hugh.w.p"
wrote:

I would not expect a power lead with a Case/psu only ever had 1 with the 8
or so cases I've bought from online vendors

I've bought in excess of 25 assorted cases, and only one DIDN'T have a
correct UK power lead!

Old July 31st 04, 08:13 AM
A clever name

wrote:

It's the vendor's responsibility. The goods are not as described, ie not

uk
spec, and as such you have grounds for a full refund, and for refusal

under
DSR.

No, SOGA. Using the DSR means the vendor is allowed to charge teh
postage in some situations. SOGA is the correct 'tool' here.

--
Bob Eager

Ok, fair enough, I stand corrected. Either way, it's still the vendors
responsibility to sort this out without the buyer incurring any additional
costs.

Old July 31st 04, 08:14 AM
A clever name

"Malev" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:00:27 +0100, "A clever name"
wrote:

It's the vendor's responsibility. The goods are not as described, ie not

uk
spec, and as such you have grounds for a full refund, and for refusal

under
DSR. They are in breach of contract and you shou

and they should be shot, and reported to their mum, and excommunicated,

and no
pudding for 3 days, and have their TV license revoked, and that's to start

with.

Don't you think loosing their TV license is a bit harsh?

Old August 3rd 04, 02:42 PM
Rob Beattie

On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:36:54 +0100, Ron wrote:

Hi
I purchased some computer parts online and one item , a case
with power supply, is not the UK version as advertised on the website.
I notified the company via their website asking them to arrange an
exchange with the correct item and they responded that i have to
obtain a rma and send the item back at my cost.
I had assumed that any incorrectly sent item would be their
responsibility to collect and that they should do so when sending the
correct item, as the order is effectively missing an item and they
have sent me an unordered item.
I'm hoping that someone here can inform me as to the correct
procedure i need to follow and what my rights and responsibilities are
in this case.

Thanks
Ron

I don't know what the correct procedure is supposed to be in a dispute
like this but I can tell you what I did when ebuyer sent me the wrong
tft monitor(the one I ordered was not even in stock despite their
website stating that it was and they ended up sending a totally
different one somehow?)

I got them to pick up the item from my home which they did on the day
they said they would but I only got the refunded for the goods, not
p&p. I actually don't know if I am legally entitled to a refund or not
but it just did'nt feel right that I should be out of pocket for their
mess up. Therefore I sent them an enote(which took them 5 days to
respond to) explaining how the cock up was not my fault and demanded
that they pay for postage. Once I did this I got an apology and I was
indeed refunded the 5 or 6 quid for p&p.
I don't know where you legally stand but certainly you have the moral
case on your side so keep pestering them until they give in