Adv: Ebuyer not refunding items that weren't delivered

Old June 29th 04, 11:01 PM
BenO

Default Adv: Ebuyer not refunding items that weren't delivered

Hello

I've placed several orders with Ebuyer over the past few months, mostly
without problems.

However on two separate orders, there has been an item which has been drop
shipped from a supplier.( about two weeks between orders)

On both occasions CityLink failed to deliver the item and supposedly put a
card through the door. Someone was in on both occasions and didn't hear the
buzzer (I live on 3rd floor flat in London). No card was received downstairs
either.

I contacted EBuyer via enotes to inform them received a prompt reply both
times showing me the Citylink log which said the item was being sent back to
the supplier. Since I needed the items quickly I ordered elsewhere and asked
them to refund my card - they agreed.

Now two months has passed, and there has been no refunds & no contact from
them. I sent another enote on Sunday and have not had a response from that
either.

Any advice on what I can do and where I stand legally on this?

Thanks

Ben

Old June 30th 04, 02:07 AM
Dave

"BenO" wrote in message
[...]

You are entitled to a refund, i suggest another enote asking for your refund
immediately with words like SMALL CLAIMS COURT, TRADING STANDARDS added for
good measure, keep it professional though, dont make it sound threatening,
and dont swear and rant like a child when doing so.

Old June 30th 04, 08:56 AM
Aosmosis

"Dave" wrote in message

"BenO" wrote in message
[...]

If you paid by CC, contact them under the consumer credit act.

Old June 30th 04, 12:41 PM
BenO

"BenO" wrote in message

However on two separate orders, there has been an item which has been drop
shipped from a supplier.( about two weeks between orders)

snip

Now two months has passed, and there has been no refunds & no contact from
them. I sent another enote on Sunday and have not had a response from that
either.

I've finally heard back from them, I did mention contacting the credit card
company.

In the end they are going to refund the money - minus the carriage charges.
This seems a little ironic since if the courier (CityLink) had done their
job i'd have had the items long ago.

I've complained about this but since its not much money involved am not too
bothered - i will of course think twice before dealing with eBuyer or any
company that use CityLink again.

Thanks for the replies

Ben

Old June 30th 04, 07:46 PM
Mr WZ Boson

"Dave" wrote in message ...
"BenO" wrote in message
[...]

I'll second that - I've just had some grief with eBuyer - their phone
lines are useless and eNotes don't seem to work.

If you search this newsgroup for 'Ebuyer Contact Information', you'll
find the email contact details of the directors & company secretary -
if you email them using the phrases suggested above then you'll
probably get a response.

Certainly keep things polite & don't threaten - but tell them in
direct terms what you'll do if they don't behave properly - but give
them a reasonable timescale to respond.

Trading standards will probably only respond to a complaint if a crime
has been committed - in this case (if you've got their repayment
promise in writing) you could try arguing theft. Try the Sheffield
trading standards website (that's where EBuyer is)

To be fair,it sounds more like a cockup on their part than actual
dishonesty.

But don't give them an inch ...

.... and it'll be interesting to hear how you got on.