Warning about Microland Technology! Is this dodgy?

Old June 10th 04, 09:03 AM
Mike Kay

Ginchy wrote:
If you read the small print it tells you clearly that orders take 3 days to
be processed so you will NEVER get goods from microland despatched
immediate!

I think they are just a bunch of plonkers but their prices are excellent on
a lot of things so you have to decide when you order "ok I`m going to have
to wait but I will get the items cheaper"

If you can deal with them on that basis it seems to work out ok

They are very very clever at excuses though....they can just about cover
everything!

I dont know about other cc companies but with visa it takes 6 weeks to get
your money back and then the seller has another 6 weks in which they can
dispute the refund. The only thing visa will give an instant refund for is
unauthorised debits!

Most of the internet companies are crap...the only good ones I ever came
across were SVP for blank discs etc and the 7 day shop....I have used most
of the pc retialers and there is not a good one amongst them!

I found Tekheads to be very good, & friendly helpful support as well.

believe it or not, i recently got some stuff from e-buyer, was hesitant
due to their lousy customer services reputation, however a mate of mine
uses them a lot, even returning faulty goods & never had a problem so i
gave them a go, despite city link losing half my order e-buyer were very
helpful & said they would ship out a new hard disk too me if citylink
hadnt located my disk in 24 hours.

luckily they did, however ebuyer have still offered to credit my account
with 6 quid 50 (the P&P on my entire order).

Old June 10th 04, 09:19 AM
GB

"Mike Kay" wrote in message

believe it or not, i recently got some stuff from e-buyer, was hesitant
due to their lousy customer services reputation, however a mate of mine
uses them a lot, even returning faulty goods & never had a problem so i
gave them a go, despite city link losing half my order e-buyer were very
helpful & said they would ship out a new hard disk too me if citylink
hadnt located my disk in 24 hours.

Seconded. I've bought loads of stuff from ebuyer recently including some
things that had to be returned. They were excellent. I guess customer
service standards vary over time for all firms.

Old June 10th 04, 10:40 AM
Martyn

"GB" wrote in message

"Mike Kay" wrote in message

believe it or not, i recently got some stuff from e-buyer, was hesitant
due to their lousy customer services reputation, however a mate of mine
uses them a lot, even returning faulty goods & never had a problem so i
gave them a go, despite city link losing half my order e-buyer were very
helpful & said they would ship out a new hard disk too me if citylink
hadnt located my disk in 24 hours.

Seconded. I've bought loads of stuff from ebuyer recently including some
things that had to be returned. They were excellent. I guess customer
service standards vary over time for all firms.

.............and here

I requested an RMA for a faulty wireless keyboard/mouse on Thurs 3/6/2004 I
received a reply from Ebuyer on Fri 4/6/2004 I posted the item on Sat
5/6/2004 (returned via Royal Mail Standard Parcels) and received a
replacement (via City Link) on Tues 8/6/2004!!!!!!!!

Is this a record?

Martyn

Old June 11th 04, 10:23 AM
Groove

Martyn said this...

Is this a record?

Nope, a record is a sort of circular vinyl thingy with a hole in the middle.

But it is pretty impressive nevertheless.
--
º~ dªv¡d ~º

Old June 15th 04, 03:42 PM
Marcus Durham

In message , Ginchy
writes
[snip]
Most of the internet companies are crap...the only good ones I ever
came across were SVP for blank discs etc and the 7 day shop....I have
used most of the pc retialers and there is not a good one amongst them!

[Snip]

I've used Tekheads a fair bit and they are pretty good. Not the cheapest
but they are worth the few quid extra.

DigiUK are good as well for monitors, and for complete systems Evesham
win hands down.

And of course, the excellent Crucial for all your memory needs!

--
Marcus Durham
Old June 15th 04, 04:14 PM
Mike Scott

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 15:42:55 +0100, Marcus Durham
wrote:

In message , Ginchy
writes
[snip]
Most of the internet companies are crap...the only good ones I ever
came across were SVP for blank discs etc and the 7 day shop....I have
used most of the pc retialers and there is not a good one amongst them!

[Snip]

I've used Tekheads a fair bit and they are pretty good. Not the cheapest
but they are worth the few quid extra.

Good service & very responsive to queries. I was pleasantly surprised
last week when I used them for the first time.

And of course, the excellent Crucial for all your memory needs!

Also excellent service - ordered some memory one afternoon a week or
so back and it was with me 7.30am the next day.

various domains listed at www.scottsonline.org.uk
regards. Mike Scott Harlow Essex England.(unet -a-t- scottsonline.org.uk)
Old June 15th 04, 05:14 PM
Marcus Durham

In message , Mike Scott
k writes
[snip]
And of course, the excellent Crucial for all your memory needs!

Also excellent service - ordered some memory one afternoon a week or
so back and it was with me 7.30am the next day.

Same performance every time with Crucial. I doubt anyone on here has
experienced any difference.

--
Marcus Durham
Old June 30th 04, 10:49 AM
Nigel

My experience is that it is quite hard (and expensive in terms of
national rate phone costs) to reach Microland Technology Support, eg
25 minutes waiting before giving up, despite being at queue position 1
throughout. Previous attempts were 10 minutes at Position 4 and no
improvement throughout. Email took from 2 to 7 days to get a reply
and a letter to the Managing Director is so far unanswered.

This company has some very good products and I hope they are able to
address the support side.

Nigel