Refused an RMA

Old April 2nd 04, 12:05 AM
scoot

Default Refused an RMA

I just bought some additional RAM from komplett, to go with an identical
stick I bought from them a year ago. Now it turns out since then the
(twinmos) RAM is being made with different chips, and even though the sticks
have the same part numbers my PC crashes when they are combined. In their
emails Komplett have said that as the new stick has been used (albeit
briefly) I cannot return it. I pointed out to them that on their website
under the returns section, it says you can return an item if "tested for a
short period" but they just ignored that and repeated their line, without
any clarification of this discrepancy. They said this policy complies with
the cooling off period of the distance selling regulations.

Am I being unreasonable? Is there anything I can do, or should I just give
it up as a lost cause?

Old April 2nd 04, 08:09 AM
^^artnada^^

scoot wrote:
|| I just bought some additional RAM from komplett, to go with an identical
|| stick I bought from them a year ago. Now it turns out since then the
|| (twinmos) RAM is being made with different chips, and even though the
sticks
|| have the same part numbers my PC crashes when they are combined. In their
|| emails Komplett have said that as the new stick has been used (albeit
|| briefly) I cannot return it. I pointed out to them that on their website
|| under the returns section, it says you can return an item if "tested for
|| short period" but they just ignored that and repeated their line, without
|| any clarification of this discrepancy. They said this policy complies
with
|| the cooling off period of the distance selling regulations.
|| Am I being unreasonable? Is there anything I can do, or should I just
give
|| it up as a lost cause?

Go here and voice your complaints.
http://thedvdforums.com/

They have an official forum on there. Go into the "Suppliers Forum" where
they have an official thread.

You need to register to use the forums but it is free and DVD Forums do not
send spam.

Old April 2nd 04, 08:53 AM
Mike

"scoot" wrote in message
I just bought some additional RAM from komplett, to go with an identical
stick I bought from them a year ago. Now it turns out since then the
(twinmos) RAM is being made with different chips, and even though the

sticks
have the same part numbers my PC crashes when they are combined. In their
emails Komplett have said that as the new stick has been used (albeit
briefly) I cannot return it. I pointed out to them that on their website
under the returns section, it says you can return an item if "tested for a
short period" but they just ignored that and repeated their line, without
any clarification of this discrepancy. They said this policy complies with
the cooling off period of the distance selling regulations.

Am I being unreasonable? Is there anything I can do, or should I just give
it up as a lost cause?

amazes me y anyone still buys ram from anywhere except crucial.

Old April 2nd 04, 09:23 AM
Paul-B - the original and the best!

Mike posted:

"scoot" wrote in message
[...]

I've bought RAM from Aria, CCL, Scan and Crucial over the past 4+
years... must have spent a few thousands over that time; I have yet to
have a single bad stick from any of them.

--
Paul-B

Reply to address is spam-trap. Use paul at streetka dot biz if you
really must!
Old April 2nd 04, 09:55 AM
Mike

"Paul-B - the original and the best!" wrote in
message ...
Mike posted:

"scoot" wrote in message
[...]

but you'd have been better buying it from crucial.
full warranty, compatibility, peace of mind, performance. I wouldnt buy
from anywhere else

Old April 2nd 04, 11:22 AM
scoot

"^^artnada^^" it's not for you to @know.com wrote in message
scoot wrote:

|| Am I being unreasonable? Is there anything I can do, or should I just
give
|| it up as a lost cause?

Go here and voice your complaints.
http://thedvdforums.com/

They have an official forum on there. Go into the "Suppliers Forum" where
they have an official thread.

You need to register to use the forums but it is free and DVD Forums do

not
send spam.

I just had a look but the komplett forum has been closed, as apparently
komplett have stopped sponsorship of the forums.

Old April 2nd 04, 11:28 AM
scoot

"Mike" wrote in message

"scoot" wrote in message

Am I being unreasonable? Is there anything I can do, or should I just

give
it up as a lost cause?

amazes me y anyone still buys ram from anywhere except crucial.

I will know for next time, I would not have bought from komplett had their
returns section been truthful regarding their returns policy. The only
problem I can see with crucial is their DDR400 memory all seems to be CL3,
surely they produce faster stuff than that?.

Old April 2nd 04, 11:35 AM
fred

In article , scoot
writes
"Mike" wrote in message

"scoot" wrote in message

Am I being unreasonable? Is there anything I can do, or should I just

give
it up as a lost cause?

amazes me y anyone still buys ram from anywhere except crucial.

I will know for next time, I would not have bought from komplett had their
returns section been truthful regarding their returns policy. The only
problem I can see with crucial is their DDR400 memory all seems to be CL3,
surely they produce faster stuff than that?.

And currently 15% over the going rate for decent memory, certainly not as
competitive as they once were.
--
fred
Old April 2nd 04, 12:29 PM
AK

"scoot" wrote in message
I just bought some additional RAM from komplett, to go with an identical
stick I bought from them a year ago. Now it turns out since then the
(twinmos) RAM is being made with different chips, and even though the

sticks
have the same part numbers my PC crashes when they are combined. In their
emails Komplett have said that as the new stick has been used (albeit
briefly) I cannot return it. I pointed out to them that on their website
under the returns section, it says you can return an item if "tested for a
short period" but they just ignored that and repeated their line, without
any clarification of this discrepancy. They said this policy complies with
the cooling off period of the distance selling regulations.

If you paid by credit card, claim from your card company

Old April 2nd 04, 04:47 PM
Les

"Mike" wrote in message

"scoot" wrote in message
[...]