would you buy from this guy?

Old December 19th 03, 07:24 PM
PabloCreep

"Dotcom Computers Ltd" wrote in message
s.com...
In ,
JULIAN HALES typed:
"Snwodon Computers" wrote in
message ...
"JULIAN HALES" wrote in message
Just read about his shipping details at the bottom, sort of doesnt
fill me full of hope

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=14 9
28

Reasonable

After 3 failed delivery attempts the parcel would be retrurned to
the seller and he would be charged for it. Therefore re-delivery
with another delivery fee plus recompense for the charge incurred by
the seller due to no fault of his own is not unreasonable.

We have the same policy.

Best Regards
Niel Humphreys
Snowdon Computers Ltd

Just with being ****tylink i wouldnt have held out much hope of
getting it first time, 2nd or third

One of my main channel suppliers use City Link, and I have had absoulutly

no
problems whatsoever witht hem.

Maybe is is just your depot?

We use City Link at work, supplying to all their delivery areas... and
they're very hit-n-miss. Some areas are excellent, but others are really
bad. Had delivery guys hand goods over to people sat outside the house in a
car, without getting the reg number or anything... One guy delivered an
order to the customer's wheely bin.

Couple of weeks ago we were alerted that City Link's Nottingham branch was
closed down by the authorities... Anybody know anything about this? We
were given no reason.

Old December 19th 03, 07:45 PM
Snowdon Computers

"PabloCreep" wrote in message
[...]

I will ask my driver on Monday when he collects & also have to speak to my
depot manager so will ask her too - both are quite happy to snitch on other
depots that cause problems at my local depot (who have to be one of the best
organised Citylink franchises, as they are well on top of everything.)
--

Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

Old December 19th 03, 08:31 PM
Alan Norris

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:10:59 +0000, Paul Hopwood
wrote:

"Dotcom Computers Ltd" wrote:

After 3 failed delivery attempts the parcel would be retrurned to
the seller and he would be charged for it. Therefore re-delivery
with another delivery fee plus recompense for the charge incurred by
the seller due to no fault of his own is not unreasonable.

Just with being ****tylink i wouldnt have held out much hope of
getting it first time, 2nd or third

One of my main channel suppliers use City Link, and I have had absoulutly no
problems whatsoever witht hem.

Maybe is is just your depot?

I think it's true of all carriers in all areas. ParcelForce get a lot
of stick in here but I've found them one of the better couriers in my
area (Derby). On the other hand ****tyLink have a 100% FALIURE rate
for me but many other people seem to get a decent level of service
from them.

I suspect it's down to your proximity to the local depot and quality
of the individual franchise.

I had experience of DHL today and was mightily impressed. The Sony DAT
unit in our server went tits up yesterday morning (or didn't back up
the night before). I contacted Sony storage tech support and after
running a diagnostics program they e-mailed to me we concluded that
the drive was faulty and needed replaced under warranty. I was told
that the replacement would be delivered today. This morning I was
e-mailed the consignment number and when I checked on the tracking
section of the DHL website found:

1650 Left Stuttgart depot
1900 Left Stuttgart airport
0133 Left Brussels airport
0918 Passed to courier at Edinburgh depot.

And it arrived at about 3pm and I had it fitted by 4pm.

Great service from both Sony and DHL!

Alan

Don't reply to this e-mail address - messages will be deleted unread. To reply to me take away the news and substitute alanc
Old December 19th 03, 09:08 PM
Snowdon Computers

wrote:

"Dotcom Computers Ltd" wrote:

[...]

True but they are so expensive. I shopped around earlier this year and got
quotes from DHL which were more than twice what my contract rate for
Citylink is. That Citylink rate was negotiated when I was sending a fraction
of the consignments I send these days too.
--

Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

Old December 19th 03, 09:42 PM
Alan Norris

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 21:08:20 -0000, "Snowdon Computers"
wrote:

"Alan Norris" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Fortunately, Sony paid for it :-)))

Old December 21st 03, 03:57 PM
Paul Hopwood

Alan Norris wrote:

I had experience of DHL today and was mightily impressed. The Sony DAT
unit in our server went tits up yesterday morning (or didn't back up
the night before). I contacted Sony storage tech support and after
running a diagnostics program they e-mailed to me we concluded that
the drive was faulty and needed replaced under warranty. I was told
that the replacement would be delivered today. This morning I was
e-mailed the consignment number and when I checked on the tracking
section of the DHL website found:

Had nothing but superb service from DHL but most online vendors don't
seem to use them, presumably because they're expensive.

Personally, I'd sooner pay a little extra to use a courier that can be
trusted.

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW:
http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]
Old December 21st 03, 03:58 PM
Paul Hopwood

"PabloCreep" wrote:

We use City Link at work, supplying to all their delivery areas... and
they're very hit-n-miss. Some areas are excellent, but others are really
bad. Had delivery guys hand goods over to people sat outside the house in a
car, without getting the reg number or anything... One guy delivered an
order to the customer's wheely bin.

Couple of weeks ago we were alerted that City Link's Nottingham branch was
closed down by the authorities... Anybody know anything about this? We
were given no reason.

The Nottingham branch is the one which covers my area. Hadn't heard
of the closure but IMHO it's no less than they deserve!

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW: