would you buy from this guy?

Old December 18th 03, 01:06 PM
JULIAN HALES

Default would you buy from this guy?

Just read about his shipping details at the bottom, sort of doesnt fill me
full of hope

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=14 9
28

Old December 18th 03, 02:19 PM
Snwodon Computers

"JULIAN HALES" wrote in message
Just read about his shipping details at the bottom, sort of doesnt fill me
full of hope

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=14 9
28

Reasonable

After 3 failed delivery attempts the parcel would be retrurned to the seller
and he would be charged for it. Therefore re-delivery with another delivery
fee plus recompense for the charge incurred by the seller due to no fault of
his own is not unreasonable.

We have the same policy.

Best Regards
Niel Humphreys
Snowdon Computers Ltd

Old December 18th 03, 03:43 PM
Bagpuss

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 13:06:51 -0000, "JULIAN HALES"
wrote:

Just read about his shipping details at the bottom, sort of doesnt fill me
full of hope

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=14 9
28

Adding VAT to the final selling price is a bit off. I suppose its a
nice way of getting less aware people into bidding for what they think
is a bargin and getting stung. Not only that but £15 for delivey is a
little steep, and then the £35 if it has to go out again.
Old December 18th 03, 04:00 PM
Bob Eager

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 15:43:59 UTC, Bagpuss wrote:

Adding VAT to the final selling price is a bit off. I suppose its a
nice way of getting less aware people into bidding for what they think
is a bargin and getting stung.

It also means the VAT part doesn't attarct eBay commission.

Not only that but œ15 for delivey is a
little steep, and then the œ35 if it has to go out again.

Again, shipping isn't in the final value fee....!

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...

Old December 18th 03, 04:19 PM
Bagpuss

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 14:19:14 -0000, "Snwodon Computers"
wrote:

snip

Thanks I understand the reasons for the policy now.

By the way why is there snwodon computers? Have you sno wod to make
'em out of anymore matey peeps?
Old December 18th 03, 04:20 PM
JULIAN HALES

"Snwodon Computers" wrote in message
"JULIAN HALES" wrote in message
Just read about his shipping details at the bottom, sort of doesnt fill

me
full of hope

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=14 9
28

Reasonable

After 3 failed delivery attempts the parcel would be retrurned to the

seller
and he would be charged for it. Therefore re-delivery with another

delivery
fee plus recompense for the charge incurred by the seller due to no fault

of
his own is not unreasonable.

We have the same policy.

Best Regards
Niel Humphreys
Snowdon Computers Ltd

Just with being ****tylink i wouldnt have held out much hope of getting it
first time, 2nd or third

Old December 18th 03, 05:49 PM
Paul Hopwood

"JULIAN HALES" wrote:

Just read about his shipping details at the bottom, sort of doesnt fill me
full of hope

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=14 9
28

I'm personally not too keen on anyone who adds VAT to the total bid -
final bid means final paying price IMHO. I view adding VAT afterwards
as a con; the seller benefits as they don't have to pay eBay
commission on the VAT but increases level of risk to the buyer because
the eBay Buyer Protection Programme only covers the final bid price.

I specifically avoid ANY seller who adds anything other than carriage
costs to the final bid price.

I wouldn't have any particular issue with the extra charge for failed
delivery as the seller would be charged to re-send and has to deal
with the additional admin involved. I'd want some clarification that
this *only* applies "If delivery is unsuccessful due to the customer"
on the basis I've NEVER had a successful delivery via ****tyLink, but
if he insists on using them that alone would probably put me off
bidding anyway.

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW:
http://www.hopwood.org.uk/ ]
Old December 18th 03, 08:52 PM
Dotcom Computers Ltd

In ,
JULIAN HALES typed:
"Snwodon Computers" wrote in
message ...
"JULIAN HALES" wrote in message
Just read about his shipping details at the bottom, sort of doesnt
fill me full of hope

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=14 9
28

Reasonable

After 3 failed delivery attempts the parcel would be retrurned to
the seller and he would be charged for it. Therefore re-delivery
with another delivery fee plus recompense for the charge incurred by
the seller due to no fault of his own is not unreasonable.

We have the same policy.

Best Regards
Niel Humphreys
Snowdon Computers Ltd

Just with being ****tylink i wouldnt have held out much hope of
getting it first time, 2nd or third

One of my main channel suppliers use City Link, and I have had absoulutly no
problems whatsoever witht hem.

Maybe is is just your depot?

Jason Russell
Dotcom Computers Ltd

Old December 19th 03, 03:43 AM
JULIAN HALES

Just with being ****tylink i wouldnt have held out much hope of
getting it first time, 2nd or third

One of my main channel suppliers use City Link, and I have had absoulutly

no
problems whatsoever witht hem.

Maybe is is just your depot?

Jason Russell
Dotcom Computers Ltd

Know what your saying, i have 100% failure of Roth/Sheffield, but heard
others are ok.

Know its a non stop job, did it myself but i had the brains to walk 10 foot
or ask someone in the St if i was stuck.

Old December 19th 03, 04:10 PM
Paul Hopwood

"Dotcom Computers Ltd" wrote:

After 3 failed delivery attempts the parcel would be retrurned to
the seller and he would be charged for it. Therefore re-delivery
with another delivery fee plus recompense for the charge incurred by
the seller due to no fault of his own is not unreasonable.

Just with being ****tylink i wouldnt have held out much hope of
getting it first time, 2nd or third

One of my main channel suppliers use City Link, and I have had absoulutly no
problems whatsoever witht hem.

Maybe is is just your depot?

I think it's true of all carriers in all areas. ParcelForce get a lot
of stick in here but I've found them one of the better couriers in my
area (Derby). On the other hand ****tyLink have a 100% FALIURE rate
for me but many other people seem to get a decent level of service
from them.

I suspect it's down to your proximity to the local depot and quality
of the individual franchise.

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]