Dabs - how do I get them to respond to my problem?

Old December 11th 03, 09:54 AM
John Geddes

Default Dabs - how do I get them to respond to my problem?

Ordered a supposedly in-stock item last Wednesday.

Emailed by Dabs the next day to say "The parcel has physically left
dabs.com."
It was supposedly sent by Parecelforce, for next-day delivery. Dabs
followed up with an email to confirm they have taken the money from my
Credit Card.

Six days later, Parcelforce checked all their systems for me, and tell
me they have still not collected the item from Dabs.

I can't tell whether it is Dabs or Parcelforce at fault, but with
Christmas looming, I can't afford to sit and wait. So I decided to
cancel, and order from someone else.

Can't cancel online (because the Dabs system shows the order as
already sent).

Can't find any phone or fax numbers for Dabs on their website, or on
their invoice.

Can't get the Dabs online "Contact Us" form to send.

Emails to and are still unanswered now
after 24 hours.

Is this par for the course from Dabs?

Any ideas for how else I can contact reliably and quickly them, short
of having to send a hard-copy recorded delivery letter to their
Registered Office?
Old December 11th 03, 11:07 AM

John Geddes wrote:
[...]

You don't actually have to cancel the order, use the DSR and simply
return the goods if/when they arrive. Notify DABS by letter or E-Mail
that you are doing this and they haven't a leg to stand on - they
*must* refund the cost. The OFT site says they must refund quickly
and at the very most within 30 days. If no refund arrives I would
threaten small claims procedure.

--
Chris Green )
Old December 11th 03, 03:43 PM
Tx2

In newsgroup meesage ,
, a.k.a says...
John Geddes wrote:
[...]

What good is the DSR? He'll be obliged to pay return postage *if* the
product ever arrives. And if they don't, the money has already gone off
his credit card and he's still at square one.

Advice to OP ...
Get on to your credit card company and start the ball rolling.
They may suggest a period of 'grace' for which you'll have to wait.

Send a letter via Recorded Delivery to DABS outlining that they have
failed to meet the agreed terms of sale (i.e Next Day Delivery) and as
such, the order is cancelled. Make it clear the goods have not been
received. You have no bone to pick with Parcelforce, they are merely
acting under instruction from DABS.

If the parcel turns up in the interim, refuse it.

Do not take delivery of it else you will be liable for the cost of
return.

Shop elsewhere next time ... there's plenty to choose from, all
offering far superior service to DABS.

IANAL, but have found sticking by your guns and (sometimes) acting like
a completely unreasonable arsehole when you get fobbed off, gets you
what you want.
Old December 11th 03, 05:58 PM
Ian Hastie

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 01:54:14 -0800, John Geddes wrote:

Ordered a supposedly in-stock item last Wednesday.

Emailed by Dabs the next day to say "The parcel has physically left
dabs.com."
It was supposedly sent by Parecelforce, for next-day delivery. Dabs
followed up with an email to confirm they have taken the money from my
Credit Card.

Six days later, Parcelforce checked all their systems for me, and tell me
they have still not collected the item from Dabs.

I can't tell whether it is Dabs or Parcelforce at fault,

Who knows? Perhaps someone at DABS scanned out the parcel and took it
away with them. Maybe it wasn't scanned into the Parcel Force system and
one of their people walked away with it. Whichever it was it is DABS that
is responsible to you and have to sort it out.

but with
Christmas looming, I can't afford to sit and wait. So I decided to cancel,
and order from someone else.

Seems fair enough, since DABS have broken their contract. It may not be
their fault, but it is their responsibility.

Can't cancel online (because the Dabs system shows the order as already
sent).

Can't find any phone or fax numbers for Dabs on their website, or on their
invoice.

Is this any good?

Dabs.Com
Direct Ho, Lancaster Wy, Wingates Industrial Estate Westhoughton, Bolton,
BL5 3XD

Tel: 0870 4293010

Any ideas for how else I can contact reliably and quickly them, short of
having to send a hard-copy recorded delivery letter to their Registered
Office?

Not really. Especially if you ever need to prove you contacted them.

--
Ian.

EOM

Old December 12th 03, 01:32 AM
-=^OmeN^=-

In message , Mike Scott
writes
On 11 Dec 2003 11:07:40 GMT, wrote:

John Geddes wrote:
Ordered a supposedly in-stock item last Wednesday.

Emailed by Dabs the next day to say "The parcel has physically left
dabs.com."
It was supposedly sent by Parecelforce, for next-day delivery. Dabs
followed up with an email to confirm they have taken the money from my
Credit Card.

Six days later, Parcelforce checked all their systems for me, and tell
me they have still not collected the item from Dabs.

You don't actually have to cancel the order, use the DSR and simply
return the goods if/when they arrive. Notify DABS by letter or E-Mail
that you are doing this and they haven't a leg to stand on - they

Use recorded delivery snail mail for proof. email is deniable.

This may be of use...

http://www.readnotify.com/readnotify/about.asp

ReadNotify provides these easy-to-use additions to your email:

Full Tracking, so you can reliably find out when your email gets opened,
how long it gets read for, whether or not it gets forwarded to someone
else or published on the internet, where the reader is located, and much
more.

Certified Proof of posting, delivery, and opening. ReadNotify is the
first and only place you can get irrefutable digitally signed
certificates to prove exactly when you posted an email, exactly when it
got delivered, and exactly when it was opened and read.

Security. Aside from the peace-of-mind you get from our digital
certified certificates, you can also send self-destructing emails or use
ensured-delivery messages, both of which guarantee that you will always
get a notification when your email gets read, and both of which will
allow you to retract your email after you have sent it. Yes - you can
delete your email before, and even after, it has been received by your
recipient, any time you like.

Ready-to-Use. No downloads or plugins are necessary. ReadNotify already
works with all popular email packages including all web-based services,
on PC, Mac, Unix, and most other computing platforms.

Old December 12th 03, 07:38 AM
Hazel

John Geddes wrote in message om...
Thanks - but what is a DSR (and how do I use it), please?

Distance Selling Regulations
http://www.oft.gov.uk/Consumer/Your+...e+shopping.htm

Hazel