Komplett @ the Register

Old October 14th 03, 01:10 PM
lordy

Default Komplett @ the Register

Lordy
Old October 14th 03, 01:51 PM
tHatDudeUK

"lordy" wrote in message
.. .

Lordy

He he, they won't be sticking that link on their proud list of links on the
right hand side.

I wish I'd av noticed cos I'd have ordered one... Just like when Argos had
£1 TV's or IBM $1 laptops :-)

Old October 14th 03, 03:37 PM
Snowdon Computers

"lordy" wrote in message
.. .

Good for Komplett I say. One up for the etailers who don't pander to
politically correct arseholes.

--

Best Regards
Niel Humphreys

Old October 14th 03, 04:16 PM
Buggerlugs

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:37:09 +0100, "Snowdon Computers"
wrote:

"lordy" wrote in message
. ..

Good for Komplett I say. One up for the etailers who don't pander to
politically correct arseholes.

--

Best Regards
Niel Humphreys
Snowdon Computers Ltd

Unless ofcourse it happens to be yourself eh, Mr Humphreys?

Old October 14th 03, 04:20 PM
Buggerlugs

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:37:09 +0100, "Snowdon Computers"
wrote:

"lordy" wrote in message
. ..

Good for Komplett I say. One up for the etailers who don't pander to
politically correct arseholes.

--

Best Regards
Niel Humphreys
Snowdon Computers Ltd

Personally, I've only had good dealings with Komplett. But after
reading that story on the register I'll not be ordering from them
again.

Another a-typical example of uk consumers getting the ****ty end of
the stick, and yet another example of etailers "getting away with
murder" as always.

Old October 14th 03, 04:30 PM
Bagpuss

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:37:09 +0100, "Snowdon Computers"
wrote:

"lordy" wrote in message
. ..

Good for Komplett I say. One up for the etailers who don't pander to
politically correct arseholes.

But from the story they seem to have only two opinions, either someone
highlighted the omission or someone was trying it on. I would agree
with 99% of those but there may well have been 1 or two TCs that
actually believed it was a discount or a stock clearance to get new
items in. I guess the TCs are also the ones who would be offended.
--
This post does not reflect the opinions of all saggy cloth
cats be they a bit loose at the seams or not
Old October 14th 03, 05:49 PM
tHatDudeUK

"Bagpuss" wrote in message
But from the story they seem to have only two opinions, either someone
highlighted the omission or someone was trying it on. I would agree
with 99% of those but there may well have been 1 or two TCs that
actually believed it was a discount or a stock clearance to get new
items in. I guess the TCs are also the ones who would be offended.

Now what would be the case if in fact it was the description that was wrong
and it was supposed to read as 9200. Would Komplett have been as quick to
cancel all the orders and try and tell their customers they're trying it on?
I think not, they'd be hoping the customer realised the mistake (somehow)
and try and keep them to their order?!

If you understand the current market you'd know a 9800 pro for £130 is
either a wrong price or off the back of a lorry but some others might not
know and have just read a few good reviews.

If the mistake was that it read £260 more people would have believed it was
a genuine offer but when you can spend £30 on a graphics card who's saying
that £130 is way too cheap?

It'll be £130 and crap in comparison with other cards one day anyhow...

Old October 14th 03, 06:25 PM
ß Ø ® G

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 17:49:49 +0100, "tHatDudeUK"
wrote:

"Bagpuss" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

the bit where they say Komplett didn't honor the memory price error
isn't true. I got mine

--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz ---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

http://www.davessite.co.uk
Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Old October 14th 03, 09:37 PM
palco

"Snowdon Computers" wrote in message ...
"lordy" wrote in message
.. .

Good for Komplett I say. One up for the etailers who don't pander to
politically correct arseholes.

My sentiments exactly,i think it is time people stop behaving like
vultures and stop latching on to other peoples honest mistakes just to
get a piece of technology cheap.It's disgraceful behaviour.
This people never even seem to think of what happens to the person
that made the error as a direct result of their exploiting the
mistake.Amazing.
Old October 14th 03, 09:40 PM
JULIAN HALES

"palco" wrote in message
om...
"Snowdon Computers" wrote in

message ...
"lordy" wrote in message
.. .

Good for Komplett I say. One up for the etailers who don't pander to
politically correct arseholes.

My sentiments exactly,i think it is time people stop behaving like
vultures and stop latching on to other peoples honest mistakes just to
get a piece of technology cheap.It's disgraceful behaviour.
This people never even seem to think of what happens to the person
that made the error as a direct result of their exploiting the
mistake.Amazing.

I wouldnt have known the correct price, or in fact it was greatly
underpriced.