PC world revelling in it, news 24 now....

Old August 16th 03, 12:20 PM
tHatDudeUK

Default PC world revelling in it, news 24 now....

Old August 16th 03, 12:22 PM
tHatDudeUK

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message

PC world guy says Windows XP doesn't have a firewall and you need a
anti-virus software OR a firewall....

XP does have a firewall (but its crap) and surely you need both?!

Old August 16th 03, 01:45 PM
Tinklemagoo

LMAO @ M$..........

I remember when XP was being hyped just before release it was supposed to be
much more secure/stable than previous M$ windows versions.

Old August 16th 03, 02:01 PM
Julian Hales

"Tinklemagoo" wrote in message
LMAO @ M$..........

I remember when XP was being hyped just before release it was supposed to

be
much more secure/stable than previous M$ windows versions.

Well the puter i have with XP hasnt fallen off the desk yet......and no one
has tried to steal it(guess they know something then!)

Old August 16th 03, 02:09 PM
tHatDudeUK

"Julian Hales" wrote in message
Well the puter i have with XP hasnt fallen off the desk yet......and no

one
has tried to steal it(guess they know something then!)

He he.... Maybe you have one of those expensive things bolting it to your
desk, bolt xp by M$ is it?!

Old August 16th 03, 02:22 PM
Johannes H Andersen

Tinklemagoo wrote:

LMAO @ M$..........

I remember when XP was being hyped just before release it was supposed to be
much more secure/stable than previous M$ windows versions.

In particular the 'secure' thing in the light of the recent worm! Is the
world going forward or backward? I'm happily running 98SE on this old junk
machine (P233MMX), it has it's quirks but then you learn to get around them.
This morning I managed to 'Diskcopy' the 40G HDD onto another as backup, all
went well; it didn't miss a beat.
Old August 16th 03, 04:19 PM
Aosmosis

Has anyone noticed now how they are pushing power surge protectors,
following the power problems in the states?
Next they will be selling generators.

Old August 16th 03, 06:10 PM
tHatDudeUK

"Mr Squiddy" wrote in message
. ..
Me too. Win 98 SE on a PIII 550. Stable and reasonably quick with a 40Gb
Seagate Barracuda. Certainly quick enough to handle anything the Interweb
can throw at it. Plays a mean Unreal Tournament too.

I always got BSOD's with Windows 98. For that reason I prefer XP.

Old August 16th 03, 06:12 PM
tHatDudeUK

"Aosmosis" No SPAM Please wrote in message
Has anyone noticed now how they are pushing power surge protectors,
following the power problems in the states?
Next they will be selling generators.

UPS (uninterruptible power supply I believe) and then generators :-) Then
they'll have PC world petrol stations so you can fill em up ;-)

Old August 16th 03, 06:57 PM
Julian Hales

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message

"Mr Squiddy" wrote in message
. ..
Me too. Win 98 SE on a PIII 550. Stable and reasonably quick with a

40Gb
Seagate Barracuda. Certainly quick enough to handle anything the

Interweb
can throw at it. Plays a mean Unreal Tournament too.

I always got BSOD's with Windows 98. For that reason I prefer XP.

i find 98 stable on all but one machine.....ME is ****e full stop and i dont
like XP, the first time i installed it it crashed on opening media player