DABS returns policy

Old March 5th 06, 12:34 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Default DABS returns policy

peter wrote:
jono wrote:

Therefore, Dabs don't care that the customer is lumbered with the P&P
costs of faulty items they send you. Is this common practice with all
internet delivery, or has anyone out there discovered a company with
good customer service???

If you'd bought it from PC World and then returned it for refund would
you have expected them to pay you both your original travel expenses to
buy the thing and the cost of your additional trip to return it?

Yes.

In a similar vein:

I once bought some RAM from their Portsmouth store and when I got home
discovered they'd given me the wrong part. I took it back the next week
and pointed out that their error had cost me a 50 mile round trip.

Having asked the sales droid to have a word with the store manager they
offered me a £10 in-store credit.
Old March 5th 06, 04:41 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Thanks for your comments chaps.

I was just wondering, is bad customer service intrinsic to UK
companies?
e.g. Is customer service better in most USA companies. Any North
Americans reading this with equally bad experiences, or are things
generally better?

Old March 6th 06, 08:20 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "jono"
opened his gob and said:

I was just wondering, is bad customer service intrinsic to UK
companies?

I would say most get away with what they can...our laws are pathetic
compared to what the consumer has in the USA.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old March 6th 06, 11:31 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

I would say most get away with what they can...our laws are pathetic
compared to what the consumer has in the USA.

Would you like to provide any examples? I was always under the
impression that we were considerably better off than the yanks.

Old March 7th 06, 05:39 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Chris Howells
opened his gob and said:

Would you like to provide any examples? I was always under the
impression that we were considerably better off than the yanks.

"Lemon" laws.

What made you think we were better off? I always thought the reverse!

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old March 7th 06, 10:38 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Dr Teeth wrote:

"Lemon" laws.

???

What made you think we were better off?

The fact that you have to deal with the manufacturer and warranties are
often something rubbish like 90 days.
Old March 7th 06, 10:54 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Chris Howells
opened his gob and said:

"Lemon" laws.

???

Come on mate, don't wait to be spoon fed, Google it g; like 'lemon'
and 'laws'.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old March 8th 06, 02:18 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

Dr Teeth wrote:
I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Chris Howells
opened his gob and said:

"Lemon" laws.

???

Come on mate, don't wait to be spoon fed, Google it g; like 'lemon'
and 'laws'.

Lemon laws only apply to motor vehicles.

As far as other products are concerned, the consumer protection that is
available against scams, defective products, non-delivery of goods etc
is governed by a range of federal and state laws. So, for example, there
is federal legislation that governs any company selling across state
lines called the Mail or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule and which
requires sellers to ship goods within 30 days of the receipt of an
order. But, for the most part, consumer protection legislation is
enacted and enforced by individual States and you can find some
variances in the type and level of protection for consumers.

One thing that you will find is that it is common for retailers to offer
a 30 day warranty for goods that are bought from them. That is to say,
if within 30 days of buying goods from them you find the item to be
defective you can return it to the vendor. However, beyond the 30 day
limit you have to deal with the manufacturer to resolve any issues with
respect to defective goods.

Goods will have, generally, a 1 year warranty from the manufacturer but
it is still possible in some states to mark and sell a product "as is"
with no warranty (implied or otherwise) at all.