Question - Do I need a mains surge protection device in UK

Old July 14th 04, 09:29 AM
Paul-B - the original and the best!

Bagpuss posted:

On 13 Jul 2004 17:29:52 GMT, "Paul-B - the original and the best!"
wrote:

Bagpuss posted:

I buy myself the Triumph TR7 I have always
wanted.

Why would anyone want a TR7? Unless it's one of the Grinnell
modified-to-TR8 spec ones?

Don't like the look of TR8s. Dunno why but I've always liked the look
of a TR7. My plan is to get a 500 or so quid 1 yrs MOT TR7 run it
until it will MOT no more (I would guess the following month :-) ).

Obvious typo fixed... ;-)

Having been brought up on a diet of TR3's, 4's and 6's I hated the 7
when it came out... cobbled-together box of bits from Speke which
rattled, leaked and was slower than a spit MGB...

In other words, a Classic British sports car of the seventies!

A mate of mine has a Grinnell TR7 V8 conversion... awesome!

--
Paul-B

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
- Mario Andretti

Reply to address is spam-trap. Use paul at streetka dot biz if you
really must!
Old July 14th 04, 10:19 AM
Bagpuss

wrote:

Bagpuss posted:

I buy myself the Triumph TR7 I have always
wanted.

Why would anyone want a TR7? Unless it's one of the Grinnell
modified-to-TR8 spec ones?

Don't like the look of TR8s. Dunno why but I've always liked the look
of a TR7. My plan is to get a 500 or so quid 1 yrs MOT TR7 run it
until it will MOT no more (I would guess the following month :-) ).

Obvious typo fixed... ;-)

heh

Having been brought up on a diet of TR3's, 4's and 6's I hated the 7
when it came out... cobbled-together box of bits from Speke which
rattled, leaked and was slower than a spit MGB...

In other words, a Classic British sports car of the seventies!

ISWYM, my view on it is that a late 70's early 80's car in good nick
on the road has either a) never been run b) been fully restored/faults
fixed c) has been a time bomb for the last 10 years.

If I can avoid c and preferably get b then I will be happy.

I was offered a yellow Spitfire for free last night, garaged with a
cover over it. Unfortunatly the reason its been garaged and covered is
that the engine last turned over 14 years ago and the foot wells need
replacing :-(
Old July 15th 04, 10:53 AM
Johannes H Andersen

Fat Freddy's Cat wrote:

and could someone explain exactly what they do?

Also, could someone point out why they still make standard screen format
TV's since widescreen is infinitely superior?

And even infinitely better if you increase the vertical size such that it
becomes standard format again.
Old July 16th 04, 01:56 AM
Mike Tomlinson

In article , Fat Freddy's Cat
writes
and could someone explain exactly what they do?

Also, could someone point out why they still make standard screen format
TV's since widescreen is infinitely superior?

Nice troll.

--
A. Top posters.

Old July 17th 04, 02:13 PM
Fat Freddy's Cat

Mike Tomlinson wrote:

In article , Fat Freddy's Cat
writes

and could someone explain exactly what they do?

Also, could someone point out why they still make standard screen format
TV's since widescreen is infinitely superior?

Nice troll.

hehehehehe - couldn't believe a few honestly replied with answers. The
fish I was after didn't bite though. I suspect he sat rabid for a moment
debating about replying - it probably still irks him yet that he didn't.

:0)

g.
Old July 17th 04, 07:24 PM
Dave

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 14:13:12 +0100, Fat Freddy's Cat
somehow managed to impart:

Mike Tomlinson wrote:

hehehehehe - couldn't believe a few honestly replied with answers. The
fish I was after didn't bite though. I suspect he sat rabid for a moment
debating about replying - it probably still irks him yet that he didn't.

That would be your creator, one Gilbert Shelton..?

Dave.

2000 hi-resolution photos especially Edinburgh &
Scotland. Also 3D rendered art & altered images.
* No advertisements * http://www.henniker.org.uk
Old July 19th 04, 05:33 PM
Rob S

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:24:38 +0100, Dave dave@hennikerDOTorgDOTuk wrote:

-hehehehehe - couldn't believe a few honestly replied with answers. The
-fish I was after didn't bite though. I suspect he sat rabid for a moment
-debating about replying - it probably still irks him yet that he didn't.
-
-That would be your creator, one Gilbert Shelton..?

Oooo tell more......sounds like one of those names the spammers think up.....

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com
Old July 19th 04, 05:36 PM
Rob S

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:33:53 +0100, Rob S
wrote:
--That would be your creator, one Gilbert Shelton..?
-
-Oooo tell more......sounds like one of those names the spammers think up.....
-
-

Don't bother! A quick google has revealed the rather dull truth.

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com

Surge protector and UPS P T Homebuilt PC's 10 February 8th 05 09:06 AM
Antec power supply DJS0302 General 8 August 26th 04 09:22 PM
Are mains surge protectors needed in the UK? Bagpuss General 259 July 20th 04 08:19 PM
Are mains surge protectors needed in the UK? Nick UK Computer Vendors 129 July 20th 04 08:19 PM
Any UPS rec?? MB Dell Computers 31 November 22nd 03 02:15 PM