remember those cheap AOC 19" TFTs that ebuyer were doing?

Old February 18th 04, 10:17 PM
Trevor Best

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:39:45 -0000 in uk.comp.homebuilt, "Trev"
wrote:

How about a G550 works the same way but has DVI socket

At first glance I thought you were talking about the Suzuki GS550,
fine bike in it's day but didn't have a DVI socket :-)

--
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.
Old February 18th 04, 10:32 PM
Niel Humphreys

"Paul Hutchings" wrote in message
.4...
Who actually brought one? What do you think of it?

I didn't and now I'm (again) getting sick of looking at a 15" TFT at home
and an 18" TFT at work because the one at home suddenly seems a lot

smaller
than it did before I got my new work PC :-)

I see that savastore.com and pcnextday (never heard of them?) are doing
them for about £360 which doesn't seem at all bad for a 19" TFT.

I bought one, but not from Ebuyer. It developed 2 dead pixels pretty quickly
but other than that it's fine.

--

Niel Humphreys

Old February 18th 04, 11:45 PM
Parish

wrote:

How about a G550 works the same way but has DVI socket

At first glance I thought you were talking about the Suzuki GS550,
fine bike in it's day but didn't have a DVI socket :-)

Ah, memories... Didn't have one myself but a mate did - he upgraded it
to a GS1000, an even better bike but not, IMHO, as good as my Kwacker
Zed Wun (B variant). Damn, I wish I'd kept that, it was a classic even
in the late '70s/early '80s. Must be worth a fortune now. sigh
Old February 19th 04, 08:41 AM
Trevor Best

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:45:57 +0000 in uk.comp.homebuilt, Parish
wrote:

Ah, memories... Didn't have one myself but a mate did - he upgraded it
to a GS1000, an even better bike but not, IMHO, as good as my Kwacker
Zed Wun (B variant). Damn, I wish I'd kept that, it was a classic even
in the late '70s/early '80s. Must be worth a fortune now. sigh

I didn't either, had a GS425, never owned a Kwak, but got a Duc 900SS
ATM.

--
A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.
Old February 19th 04, 09:07 AM
Parish

wrote:

Ah, memories... Didn't have one myself but a mate did - he upgraded it
to a GS1000, an even better bike but not, IMHO, as good as my Kwacker
Zed Wun (B variant). Damn, I wish I'd kept that, it was a classic even
in the late '70s/early '80s. Must be worth a fortune now. sigh

I didn't either, had a GS425, never owned a Kwak, but got a Duc 900SS
ATM.

drool Had a ride on a Duc (860) once; made me realize just how crap
Jap bikes handling was. Remember Mike the Bike ****ing all over the
works Hondas on his Sports Motorcycles Duc in his '78 & '79 TT comeback?
I was there - great times :-)
Old February 19th 04, 11:11 AM
Cornelius J Rat

"Parish" wrote
Pinging www.savastore.com [62.253.220.14] with 32 bytes of data:

Thanks.
Checked with Pipex and the support page suggested "reboot your router". That
did the trick - maybe some nameserver info has changed in their network.

Old February 19th 04, 03:59 PM
Tony Houghton

In ,
Trevor Best bouncer@localhost wrote:

I didn't either, had a GS425, never owned a Kwak, but got a Duc 900SS
ATM.

Did you ever take your Duck to the vet to find out why it wouldn't Kwak?

--
My real address is in the Reply-To and includes the .nospam.
See http://www.realh.co.uk/contact.html for more reliable contact addresses.
Old February 19th 04, 04:17 PM
Bagpuss

wrote:

Ah, memories... Didn't have one myself but a mate did - he upgraded it
to a GS1000, an even better bike but not, IMHO, as good as my Kwacker
Zed Wun (B variant). Damn, I wish I'd kept that, it was a classic even
in the late '70s/early '80s. Must be worth a fortune now. sigh

I didn't either, had a GS425, never owned a Kwak, but got a Duc 900SS
ATM.

drool Had a ride on a Duc (860) once; made me realize just how crap
Jap bikes handling was. Remember Mike the Bike ****ing all over the
works Hondas on his Sports Motorcycles Duc in his '78 & '79 TT comeback?
I was there - great times :-)

Jezz you sound old enough to be considering a Harley "middle age
crisis" Davidson.

Then again I'm contemplating going from a teapot to something like an
Mz Baghira or a similar thumper.

A good friend of mine has a GS550. Fecking iron horse thing it was.
She got it for 400 quid. It was running a bit rought so she took it
for repair. About 50K miles on the clock, all 4 carb to engine rubbers
had perrished with holes in them and the guy said the bike shouldn't
even be be running let alone run rough. When I had the rocker box off
to replace the leaking gasket most of the cam bearings were held on my
only two screws rather than the usual 4. It was amazing that the thing
still ran and hadn't lunched the top end years ago. The screws could't
be replaced as the threads needing helicoling. The rev counter had
failed becuae the feed off teeth from the exhause cam had been
stripped at some point. I expect the rpm cable had broken and wedged
in the take off stripping the teeth. It didn't so much need a brake
light as a "warning vechicle possibly slowing down this year".

Still it was sprayed metalic purple which was a good thing.