Dabs - how do I get them to respond to my problem?

Old December 12th 03, 08:19 AM
Gaz

Yes, but....

a) Until the goods get back to Dabs, he won't get hos refund. If they
never lefdt Dabs, he'll be waiting forever.

Is this actually the case, the way the DSR are worded the refund should be
made within 30 days if the goods are returned or not and then the vendor has
to recover the goods and claim back the cost through civil courts - sounds
too silly to be true but the wording could be read as such.

b) Dabs' T&Cs no doubt absolve them (as the DSR allows) from covering
DSR return shipping. So he'll end up paying the shipping charges.

Stating in T&C's is not considered acceptable according to the OFT, a
customer must be informed of the right to cancel and who is responsible for
carriage costs by means of e-mail, fax or on the 'written invoice, at latest
at time of despatch / receipt else the vendor becomes liable for return
costs.
No doubt DABS are aware of this and have it somewhere on the confirmation
e-mail.

Better to get a credit card chargeback. And it'll hurt Dabs a little
more...

AGREED - above points are just Devil's advocate, use the C/Card company, you
get a full refund and DABS get hit with an extra £5 - £15 depending on their
merchant terms, if the goods turn-up in the meantime just refuse the
delivery.

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70...

Old December 13th 03, 10:07 AM
Mike Scott

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 16:23:16 +0000, Paul Hopwood

Use recorded delivery snail mail for proof. email is deniable.

far, it will be necessary to present some evidence to support the
complaint.

E-mails *are* considered to be legal correspondence, so a print-out of
an e-mail would probably suffice and the burden of proof would be on
DABS to demonstrate they *didn't* receive it, which I would think is
virtually impossible even if true.

Be that as it may, a signature bars them from even trying the "we
didn't get anything" argument. It also shows you're serious.

various domains listed at www.scottsonline.org.uk
regards. Mike Scott Harlow Essex England.(unet -a-t- scottsonline.org.uk)
Old December 15th 03, 09:00 AM
Mike Scott

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 01:32:55 +0000, -=^OmeN^=-
You don't actually have to cancel the order, use the DSR and simply
return the goods if/when they arrive. Notify DABS by letter or E-Mail
that you are doing this and they haven't a leg to stand on - they

Use recorded delivery snail mail for proof. email is deniable.

This may be of use...

http://www.readnotify.com/readnotify/about.asp

ReadNotify provides these easy-to-use additions to your email:

Full Tracking, so you can reliably find out when your email gets opened,
how long it gets read for, whether or not it gets forwarded to someone
else or published on the internet, where the reader is located, and much
more.

(etc, etc).

Or not. It *cannot* work with all recipient mail systems, which is
what would be needed. I can only imagine it sticks some sort of
tracking html link into a mail message - which would probably, for
example, simply cause the mail to bounce from my own system, or the
link would be ignored should it get through.

Sounds more like a way to build up mailing lists to me......

various domains listed at www.scottsonline.org.uk
regards. Mike Scott Harlow Essex England.(unet -a-t- scottsonline.org.uk)