Asus A7N8X Deluxe - what problems?

Old February 11th 04, 10:28 AM
Aradur

Default Asus A7N8X Deluxe - what problems?

Just about to purchase and upgrade pc with A7N8X Deluxe rev 2 board, 2800
Barton and 2x 512 pc3200 Crucial sticks.
However keep seeing reference to bios probs with this board...especially in
connection with memory.
Anyone got advice about this, acceptable memory sticks etc.
Thanks.

Old February 11th 04, 11:01 AM
Tin-Char D'un

"Aradur" wrote in message

Just about to purchase and upgrade pc with A7N8X Deluxe rev 2 board, 2800
Barton and 2x 512 pc3200 Crucial sticks.
However keep seeing reference to bios probs with this board...especially

in
connection with memory.
Anyone got advice about this, acceptable memory sticks etc.
Thanks.

There should be a list of compatible memory modules on the Asus wesite, just
look for our board there ;-) Other than that, it seems to be a very popular
board. Well, that and the NF7...

Dave.

---

Old February 11th 04, 06:09 PM
Homer

I've got 2x 512 Pc3200 Crucial sticks on my A7N8X and I've found that I have
to set them to 198mhz to be completely stable. Unless someone says otherwise
that they run at 200mhz or over on this motherboard I'd recommend a
different memory manufacturer.
Could just be that I got a bad batch but it's not bothering me much since I
can still run my 2500+ at 2277mhz (11.5x198)

Homer.

Old February 11th 04, 07:54 PM
Ben Pope

Aradur wrote:
Just about to purchase and upgrade pc with A7N8X Deluxe rev 2 board, 2800
Barton and 2x 512 pc3200 Crucial sticks.
However keep seeing reference to bios probs with this board...especially
in connection with memory.
Anyone got advice about this, acceptable memory sticks etc.
Thanks.

You shouldn't have any problems, but there have been reports of the nForce
taking a dislike to CL3, and most Crucial sticks I've seen that are PC3200
are CL3.

I'm using Corsair TwinX1024-3200LL and they're good for 5-2-2-2 at 220MHz.

Ben

Old February 11th 04, 08:47 PM
Aradur

"Ben Pope" wrote in message
Aradur wrote:
Just about to purchase and upgrade pc with A7N8X Deluxe rev 2 board,

2800
Barton and 2x 512 pc3200 Crucial sticks.
However keep seeing reference to bios probs with this

board...especially
in connection with memory.
Anyone got advice about this, acceptable memory sticks etc.
Thanks.

You shouldn't have any problems, but there have been reports of the nForce
taking a dislike to CL3, and most Crucial sticks I've seen that are PC3200
are CL3.

I'm using Corsair TwinX1024-3200LL and they're good for 5-2-2-2 at 220MHz.

-------------
Thanks all for the useful comments.
Perhaps I should go for 2x512 pc2700 Crucial instead of the pc3200 - don't
suppose it'll make much difference.

Old February 11th 04, 11:57 PM
Wes Newell

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:47:08 +0000, Aradur wrote:

Aradur wrote:
Just about to purchase and upgrade pc with A7N8X Deluxe rev 2 board,

2800
Barton and 2x 512 pc3200 Crucial sticks.

Thanks all for the useful comments.
Perhaps I should go for 2x512 pc2700 Crucial instead of the pc3200 - don't
suppose it'll make much difference.

Actually, you should go with PC4000 ram. Shouldn't have a problem with it
even over 200MHz.

Old February 12th 04, 03:49 AM
Leadfoot

Problems??? What problems???

Had a rev 1.xx upgraded to abit NF-7S rev2.0 when I bought my 2500XP.
Switched just for a change of pace not because the A7N8X was bad although
Rev 1.xx don't play well with bartons I hear.

Buy it, make sure you get pc3200 or better DDR

Old February 12th 04, 07:53 AM
Ben Pope

Aradur wrote:
"Ben Pope" wrote in message
Aradur wrote:
Just about to purchase and upgrade pc with A7N8X Deluxe rev 2 board,
2800 Barton and 2x 512 pc3200 Crucial sticks.
However keep seeing reference to bios probs with this board...especially
in connection with memory.
Anyone got advice about this, acceptable memory sticks etc.
Thanks.

You shouldn't have any problems, but there have been reports of the
nForce taking a dislike to CL3, and most Crucial sticks I've seen that
are PC3200 are CL3.

I'm using Corsair TwinX1024-3200LL and they're good for 5-2-2-2 at
220MHz.

-------------
Thanks all for the useful comments.
Perhaps I should go for 2x512 pc2700 Crucial instead of the pc3200 - don't
suppose it'll make much difference.

I'd recommend PC3200...

Ben

Old February 12th 04, 09:30 AM
Aradur

"Aradur" wrote in message

Just about to purchase and upgrade pc with A7N8X Deluxe rev 2 board,

2800
Barton and 2x 512 pc3200 Crucial sticks.
However keep seeing reference to bios probs with this

board...especially
in
connection with memory.
Anyone got advice about this, acceptable memory sticks etc.
Thanks.

OK, Thanks each.