Fixed "fluctuating volume on AIW recordings" prob

Old February 25th 04, 09:26 AM
John Schuler

Default Fixed "fluctuating volume on AIW recordings" prob

Hi

I fised my problem with fluctuating volume on AIW recordings. Another
poster with the same problem had tried using a sound card instead of
onboard sound without results. Unfortunately this put me off trying it
myself. ATI advised reverting to the original drivers on the
installation CD. I tried that, and several other driver versions. No
luck.

I disabled the C-Media 9739A onboard sound, installed the latest AIW
drivers, and installed an old Sound Blaster PCI 128 sound card. No more
fluctuating sound!

The only problem I've found is that the volume on recordings is too low.
I found a fix at:

http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/archive/t171269.html

Search for the article "abrakadabra posted 2003 Aug 05 14:05" - there is
a registry hack described, Fortunately, the registry retains the "Record
Volume" value; the maximum though is 999 (hex) which is just right for
me. You can set higher values but they will fall back to 999.

John Schuler

Old February 28th 04, 08:06 PM

Thanks very much for posting the link to the possible solutions for
this problem. I shall get busy trying to fix my problem using the
suggestions...