Viewsonic VX910 LCD 19" on sale this week for $399 after two rebates Compusa

Old January 14th 05, 06:32 AM

Default Viewsonic VX910 LCD 19" on sale this week for $399 after two rebates Compusa

This is the one Ive decided to get. Actually theres been a flood of
LCD deals so a 399 LCD 19" is nothing all that special nowadays but
it is a namebrand and its one of the best physically looking monitors.
Im talking about the style of the frame etc.

Performance wise --- its 16ms 450 contrast I think and 250 brightness.
Also has DVI and analog connections. Im pretty sure as Ive posted its
a 6 bit panel and one review says they say some banding with
Displaymate. Its a good compromise monitor - good game play etc.
Consumer reviews at some UK sites and US have been ecstatic as usual.

The bad - 1 yr warranty, no DVI cable.
Omax and ODepot and Compusa all have had this on sale. Omax last week,
However as usual Omax is totally undependable and actually block items
and try to make it impossible to buy various things advertised
nationally especially if its only a website sale with deep discounts
or if you can find online coupons.

Now Odepot is doing the samething locally. Basically the website are
just order takers and the region I live in - they dont stock many
items and dont want to order them and sure as hell dont want any
online coupons used and often just dont want to sell many deep
discounted sales items nationally advertised so its almost impossible
to get things.

Tried ordering at Omax no go. Tried this week at Odepot - a joke.
Showed I bought it and it was being delivered. Waited for delivery 4
days and it actually shows the status as delivered. Called - they
didnt have a clue and said they wouldnt sell me one and cancelled my
order. Called website - all they do is call the local store. I once
went through 8 calls to the store - talked to 3 managers and 3
different people at the Odepot website including one conference call
with Odepot+website once to try to get a Canon printer on sale and
still didnt get it.

Anyway Compusa IS selling this this week 499-100 rebates --- and if
they are out you can get a raincheck. I ordered one tonight after the
nonsense at Odepot.

Lots of sales recently on DDR3200/400 mem like kIngston etc at
FRYs/outpost and other places too recently.