OKI C9400

Old July 11th 03, 06:57 PM
c.jopp

Default OKI C9400

I'd be interested in any comments on the OKI C9400 colour laser printer. Any
info would be useful - print quality, reliability, running costs etc.

Thanks
John

Old July 11th 03, 10:57 PM
Peter

On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 18:57:04 +0100, c.jopp wrote:

I'd be interested in any comments on the OKI C9400 colour laser printer. Any
info would be useful - print quality, reliability, running costs etc.

Thanks
John

Released in the UK 1st April 2001, no longer available as new, replaced by
the C9500 in November 2002.
Printed at 1200x1200dpi, slightly better quality than the C9200 which
printed at only 600x1200dpi.

You can get the pdf brochure from he
http://www.printerbase.co.uk/spec/pdf/c9000.pdf

Cost per copy based on manufacturers stated life @ 5% of each colour and
current consumable prices:
A4 - 6.10p
For Oki's new range you are looking at a cost of around 5.5p for A4.
In my experience the reliability of Oki colour machines has generally been
very good.

Are you buying this machine as new or 2nd hand ?

Peter
Old July 12th 03, 11:46 AM
c.jopp

"Peter" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Thanks Peter, That was useful. I now have a pretty comprehensive
specification for the machine. I'm still a bit worried about the running
costs with toner cartidges at a little over £200 each colour and drums at
£130.
The machine is second hand but with a fairly low usage.
Any idea how often you have to replace the drums?

John

---

Old July 12th 03, 12:23 PM
Peter

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 11:46:30 +0100, c.jopp wrote:

"Peter" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Toners up to 15,000 images/pages at 5% coverage on A4
Drums up to 39,000 images/pages on continuous print
Fuser up to 80,000 pages
Belt up to 80,000 pages

The above are the manufacturers rated life, which would have been achieved
under ideal operating conditions on a continuous print run, you will not
get 39,000 pages out of a drum or 15,000 pages out of a toner.

Before buying the machine you should ask the seller to print off the usage
menu so that you can see what sort of life the consumables have left in the
machine, as a new set of consumables could cost you more than the price of
the machine:
4x Drums £504+vat
Set of toners £659+vat
Belt £152+vat
Fuser £105+vat
Total £1,420+vat

One thing to consider that if you purchased a brand new machine you get a
full set of consumables with it, except that the toners are only half
capacity, you also get the 1 year warranty.

Having said all that the Oki machines tend to have running costs at the low
end of the market, when compared to other machines.

Peter