session fixation error from DVD writer

Old September 27th 04, 12:41 AM
M Berki

Default session fixation error from DVD writer

I bought a new sony DW-D22A 16x DVD writer but everytime I want to burn a
DVD it burns upto 100% then fails saying session fixation error could not
perform end of disc at once. What does that mean?
I upgraded to the latest version of nero version 6.3.1.25. I have put the
drive in two different computers and burn't the same files but I get the
same error. Is the drive broken?

I got it as an OEM so no drivers but XP still recognised it. :?
How can I fix this?

Thanks

Old September 27th 04, 12:58 AM
S.Heenan

M Berki wrote:
I bought a new sony DW-D22A 16x DVD writer but everytime I want to
burn a DVD it burns upto 100% then fails saying session fixation
error could not perform end of disc at once. What does that mean?
I upgraded to the latest version of nero version 6.3.1.25. I have put
the drive in two different computers and burn't the same files but I
get the same error. Is the drive broken?

I got it as an OEM so no drivers but XP still recognised it. :?
How can I fix this?

Try different media, like Fuji or Verbatim Data Life Plus.

Old September 27th 04, 04:41 AM
Jerry G.

Your new software may be demanding a bit more resources, and thus there
will be some difference, or something more critical.

A number of basic things to check:

Burning at too fast a speed for the system to handle the cache demands,
and disk operation.
Softwares running in the background, such as a screen saver, power
management, and virus scanner.
Lack of hard drive space to properly handle the burning software's cache
file.
Not enough RAM for the application.
The system cache may not be at an efficient size for the operating
system, when working with the burning software.
The DMA and the Disconnect settings for the drive may not be properly
set. They should normally be set to enable.

If you upgraded the software, and then have this fault, it is possible
that for some reason the new upgrade has a problem with your machine.
Before installing the new software, it is important that the old
software, and drivers are properly removed.

Very good site about DVD and CDR errors:
http://www.bhacorp.com/support/atapi/errors5.html#

--

Jerry G.
======

"M Berki" wrote in message
I bought a new sony DW-D22A 16x DVD writer but everytime I want to burn
DVD it burns upto 100% then fails saying session fixation error could
not
perform end of disc at once. What does that mean?
I upgraded to the latest version of nero version 6.3.1.25. I have put
the
drive in two different computers and burn't the same files but I get the
same error. Is the drive broken?

I got it as an OEM so no drivers but XP still recognised it. :?
How can I fix this?

Thanks

Who makes the best DVD writer? Robert TV General 2 August 21st 04 03:28 PM
DVd writer Ad General 6 January 11th 04 03:42 PM
Why the Writer Writeth Not cybrwurm General 1 December 15th 03 04:23 PM
correct dvd writer and reader setup Andy General 1 October 27th 03 11:13 PM
Quality, Budget CD Writer Steevo General 7 September 14th 03 08:48 PM