Stucky keys on keyboard

Old July 20th 03, 11:02 AM
SleeperMan

Default Stucky keys on keyboard

I have Logitech Internet navigator keyboard for a while now and all is OK,
excpet keys are beginning to stuck somewhat (i must press harder or exactly
on the middle), so i wonder, if anyone knows, can i do something about it,
like remove each and every key and grease it with some special grease or
what? It has been quite expensive just to dump it...

Old July 20th 03, 01:39 PM
rcm

Make sure you didn't drop something behind the key like a paper clip,
staple, food, etc. If possible remove the key first to check behind it, and
others around it to have a better look.

Old July 20th 03, 01:52 PM
rcm

Also, if you do remove the keys to try and clean it, do not remove the
spacebar key and other longer keys as they usually have metal bars under
them that are a bitch to reattach when replacing the key.

. ca...

Old July 20th 03, 09:39 PM
SleeperMan

Also, if you do remove the keys to try and clean it, do not remove the
spacebar key and other longer keys as they usually have metal bars
under them that are a bitch to reattach when replacing the key.

"rcm" wrote in message
. ca...
Make sure you didn't drop something behind the key like a paper clip,
staple, food, etc. If possible remove the key first to check behind
it, and others around it to have a better look.
"SleeperMan" wrote in message
I have Logitech Internet navigator keyboard for a while now and all
is OK, excpet keys are beginning to stuck somewhat (i must press
harder or exactly on the middle), so i wonder, if anyone knows, can
i do something about it, like remove each and every key and grease
it with some special grease or what? It has been quite expensive
just to dump it...

Thanks for the tip. But most of the keys are stucking this way. I tried and
removed some , cleaned and it's still the same. Also i tried one to put a
bit grease on it and it's much better, so now i wonder, are they greased
originally or are they just worn out in a way... and spacebar works fine
(so far),also all long keys, so i won't remove them unless i really have to.

Old July 22nd 03, 06:44 AM
rcm

It sounds like it is just a poor quality keyboard. Since it is many keys
failing. Personally, I have one of these internet keyboards, a non-name far
East brand. It sucks. Bad feel. I am going to go back to a plain Jane
keyboard, a Fujitsu or IBM. The internet functions are not so great.

"SleeperMan" wrote in message
Also, if you do remove the keys to try and clean it, do not remove the
spacebar key and other longer keys as they usually have metal bars
under them that are a bitch to reattach when replacing the key.

. ca...