Running Roxio 7 under Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition

Old June 25th 04, 07:35 PM
Cary Lewis

Default Running Roxio 7 under Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition

I am running Server 2003 Standard.

Roxio 7 does not work, does anyone know why or how to make it work.

Roxio says "too bad, we don't support servers" Huh? Why?

Any help would be appreciated.
Old June 26th 04, 12:59 AM
Peter van der Goes

"Cary Lewis" wrote in message
m...
I am running Server 2003 Standard.

Roxio 7 does not work, does anyone know why or how to make it work.

Roxio says "too bad, we don't support servers" Huh? Why?

Any help would be appreciated.

As Roxio has a long history of these sorts of problems (seems each new
version of Windows sends Roxio back to the drawing board), I'd give other
burning software a try. Nero comes immediately to mind, as you can download
a free trial and check compatibility with WS 2003 at no cost. I'm sure there
are others as well
BTW, I have no idea if Nero will work with WS 2003, as I don't have an
installation handy. I can tell you that we have Nero working just fine on a
couple of lab PC's running Windows 2000 Server.

Old June 26th 04, 01:31 AM
smh

' --------------------------------------
Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Cary Lewis wrote:

I am running Server 2003 Standard.

Roxio 7 does not work, does anyone know why or how to make it work.

Roxio says "too bad, we don't support servers" Huh? Why?

Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe Microsoft threw in a couple of fresh monkey wrenches to server
versions? Until Roxio comes equipped with a monkey wrench remover,
better look for solutions elsewhere, like Nero.

======================
From: Mike Richter (Roxio Shill)
Subject: Roxio and Win2k Server Installation program
Date: 5/12/01

I try to install from the cd that I bought and I get the following
error with win2k. "This installation package could not be opened.
Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid
windows installer package"

Have you any reason to believe that the program will run on Win2K
Advanced Server?

Roxio does not support it on that OS and I have no reason to believe
that it will work.
======================

======================
From: Mike Richter (cRoxio Shill)
Subject: EZCD 5 and Windows 2K (Very long post, sorry)
Date: 4/29/01

I installed EZCD 5 on a Win2K server that had been running great
for 4 months. Bad idea. This was a backup server with 10 RAS
clients connecting to an on-line backup software. This piece of
crap tosted all the connections somehow. I can log in to the
server via RAS but that is as far as I can go. I am looking at
a complete reinstall. I should have known....;-{

The surprising thing is that Roxio tells you what OS's it runs
under.

Windows 2000 Professional is named.
Windows 2000 Server is not.

Might that have given you a clue?

=====================
From: "WayneC"
Date: 5/1/01

Yeah, it says it works with W2K pro but it screws that up
also............what's the point
=====================
Old June 26th 04, 01:33 AM
smh

' --------------------------------------

Cary Lewis wrote:

I am running Server 2003 Standard.

Roxio 7 does not work, does anyone know why or how to make it work.

Roxio says "too bad, we don't support servers" Huh? Why?

Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe Microsoft threw in a couple of fresh monkey wrenches to server
versions? Until Roxio comes equipped with a monkey wrench remover,
better look for solutions elsewhere, like Nero.

=====================================
Mike Richter & Monkey Wrench Business
=====================================

=====================
From: Mike Richter (Roxio Shill)
Subject: Easy CD Creator 5 vs Win 2000 = HELP!
Date: 7/8/01

A post from Adrian indicated that SP2 threw in a fresh monkey wrench.

I do not believe that Roxio has a release of ECDC for Win2K SP2 at this
point. Your choice: SP1 with ECDC or SP2 without.
======================

BTW, Nero, among other burn softwares, works on Win2k/SP2 -- without
removing the monkey wrench.

(Note: cRoxio must not consider Win2k/SP2 as Win2k)
( as it claims Win2k compatible. )

======================
From: "Adrian Miller (cRoxio)"
Date: 7/9/01

Mike is correct at this time, SP2 broke a load more stuff.
We are working on it.

======================
From: SandMan
Date: 7/9/01

Isn't it funny how your software *always* gets broke by MS, or
something someone else did? When are you guys and girls ever going
to learn? Sooooooooo many other CDR packages install, uninstall
WITHOUT screwing up ones system, and RUN just fine on win9x, win2k,
win2ksp1, win2ksp2. No wonder you've put your head in the sand, its the
best you can do.

I'm Adapcrap/Roxio free, don't have time to debug the betas you sell
time after time, that never work as advertised, tech support sucks,
and the only thing they really care about is getting the product out
ther door, so they can take our money. Tons of bugs never fixed, and
with each 'release' we get to have 'fun' finding the same old ones
back again, plus for a spin, some news ones.

You guys need to take this to your own newsgroup, and drop out of the
general CDR group. No wonder you have a subscription news-mailer, so
its not totally in the public eye, and you can filter all you like.

Start a new group like; comp.publish.cdrsoftware.roxio

OK I'll let you go back and "work" on some more stuff that just got
broke, have fun, Later!
=======================
Old June 26th 04, 03:51 AM
Cari

If you can launch one of the individual applications see if you can 'force'
an update automatically.
www.coribright.com

m...

Old June 26th 04, 09:54 PM
Dancin' Fool

"Cary Lewis" wrote in message
m...
I am running Server 2003 Standard.

Roxio 7 does not work, does anyone know why or how to make it work.

Roxio says "too bad, we don't support servers" Huh? Why?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, take smh's advice and switch to Nero. Roxio? "Easy" CD Creator? What a
catastrophe!
Have Nero 5.5 running sweetly on my own Win 2k3 server.

And "NobodyMan," the daily HDD backups work well, but monthly archival
backups go onto CD-R on my system (soon to upgrade to DVD). CD/DVD burning
certainly has a place in small home servers.
--
The Dancin' Fool
~Use the Newsgroup for replies so all may benefit~

Old June 26th 04, 11:10 PM
NobodyMan

On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 22:54:20 +0200, "Dancin' Fool"
wrote:

"Cary Lewis" wrote in message
om...
I am running Server 2003 Standard.

Roxio 7 does not work, does anyone know why or how to make it work.

Roxio says "too bad, we don't support servers" Huh? Why?

Any help would be appreciated.

Yes, take smh's advice and switch to Nero. Roxio? "Easy" CD Creator? What a
catastrophe!
Have Nero 5.5 running sweetly on my own Win 2k3 server.

And "NobodyMan," the daily HDD backups work well, but monthly archival
backups go onto CD-R on my system (soon to upgrade to DVD). CD/DVD burning
certainly has a place in small home servers.

I don't have any experience with small home servers. I don't have any
need for one with my four system min-LAN at my home. I do have
experience in Enterprise systems - and CDRW backups just don't fit the
bill. Neither do DVD writables. Optical and DAT are the only thing
we can use that let us back up the sheer volume of even incremental
backups on a daily basis. let alone the full weeklys we do.

Old June 26th 04, 11:15 PM
smh

' -------------------------------------------
how HUGE are your BALLS, Adrian Miller?
Only a trashy company like Roxio or Adaptec
let loosed in Usenet this utter trash
Deirdre Straughan (Roxio) is a LIAR
Mike Richter is a LIAR

NobodyMan wrote:
"Dancin' Fool" wrote:
"Cary Lewis" wrote...

[...]

Do you suppose that's exactly why Easy CD CreMator not support Windows
servers? No problems with fresh monkey wrenches?