Nero: What is "fixation"

Old January 23rd 04, 04:25 PM
Jim T.

Default Nero: What is "fixation"

Trying to burn a few jpg files - Nero says it "can't perform fixation"
and aborts.
Worse than that, Nero leaves something running that screws up both the
DVD/CD drive and the CDRW drive. Both say there's no CD in the drive!
I restarted, but finally used System Restore to get it all going
again.
Nero 5.5.10.24 ---
Old January 23rd 04, 06:50 PM
Mike Richter

Jim T. wrote:
Trying to burn a few jpg files - Nero says it "can't perform fixation"
and aborts.
Worse than that, Nero leaves something running that screws up both the
DVD/CD drive and the CDRW drive. Both say there's no CD in the drive!
I restarted, but finally used System Restore to get it all going
again.
Nero 5.5.10.24 ---

"Fixation", also known as "closing" is writing the information needed
after the data of a disc have been written. Depending on mode, that may
be only the leadout/runout track or a good deal more. Information is in
the page on the TOC in the primer at my WWW site and surely in the CD-R
FAQ, so I will be brief.

It's likely that the problem stems from inability to read the PMA -
assuming you are writing TAO. If so, changing media and/or writing DAO
should get around it. If you're writing DAO, then only media and
temperature (improbable) are likely contributors.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old January 23rd 04, 08:09 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a libel )
( -- despite Mikey's supposed to have proof of misquotes! )

"Jim T." wrote:

Trying to burn a few jpg files - Nero says it "can't perform fixation"
and aborts.
Worse than that, Nero leaves something running that screws up both the
DVD/CD drive and the CDRW drive. Both say there's no CD in the drive!
I restarted, but finally used System Restore to get it all going
again.
Nero 5.5.10.24 ---

"Could Not Perform Fixation" error was reported many times and so were
the so-called "solutions".

One poster solved the problem by unchecking "Finalize" check box.
Another poster solved it by getting a new burner. Try first clean the
drive and see if that improves things.
Old January 23rd 04, 08:11 PM
smh

Mike Richter (Friggin' Scum) wrote:

Jim T. wrote:
Trying to burn a few jpg files - Nero says it "can't perform fixation"
and aborts.
Worse than that, Nero leaves something running that screws up both the
DVD/CD drive and the CDRW drive. Both say there's no CD in the drive!
I restarted, but finally used System Restore to get it all going
again.
Nero 5.5.10.24 ---

snip

Why are you commenting on Nero, Mikey?

I have not used Nero
I don't know Nero at all

[...not use...not know...not write...]

I do not comment on what I don't know.

---------------------
What a Friggin' ****!
---------------------

Also, was Adrian Miller wrong about you, Mikey?
=======================
From: Adrian Miller
Subject: Sam needs to apologise to Mike now.
(was: Wife Beating Stopped, Mike Richter?)
Date: 4/25/01

Unlike certain people he does not like to speculate on matters
that he does not have personal experience of.
=======================

Didn't Adrian Miller have reliable information then, Mikey?
=====================
From: Mike Richter (Slimy Scum)
Date: 8/2/01

[Adrian Miller] does provide reliable information
when he has it in my experience.
======================

--------------------------------------
Old January 23rd 04, 10:06 PM
Tim Kroesen

Usenet Abuse - Continuing Stalking, Harassment, Libel and SPAMMING via
repetitive posting of the same material Thousands of times.

Additional references to portals that have recently banned this
psychotic for Stalking, Harassment and SPAM should you require
additional
information.

Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 20:11:51 GMT
From: smh
Newsgroups: alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Subject: Nero: What is "fixation"

"smh" wrote in message
ws.com...

Old January 26th 04, 03:11 PM
Brian K

On 01/23/2004 1:50 PM Mike Richter, made frenium gestures and then wrote:

Jim T. wrote:

[...]

For those of us new to this what are PMA, TAO and DAO?

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.