name of cable from DSL modem to network card ?

Old October 19th 03, 07:51 PM
Marcel Verduyn

Default name of cable from DSL modem to network card ?

Hi,
at home I have a DSL modem. Could someone please tell me how the cable is
called which goes from there to the network card of the computer ? Reason to
ask is that I want to buy a connection piece to make a longer cable out of
two separate ones.
Thanks !
Marcel

Old October 19th 03, 10:05 PM
kony

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:51:45 +0200, "Marcel Verduyn"
wrote:

Hi,
at home I have a DSL modem. Could someone please tell me how the cable is
called which goes from there to the network card of the computer ? Reason to
ask is that I want to buy a connection piece to make a longer cable out of
two separate ones.
Thanks !
Marcel

It is a CAT5 cable with RJ45 plugs on each end. The connection
coupler you need would be a an 8-connection RJ45 outlet, which can
sometimes be found amongst telephone equipment instead of networking
equipment.

Dave

Old October 19th 03, 11:05 PM
Alceryes

It is a CAT5 cable with RJ45 plugs on each end

Also called a "patch" cable.

ask is that I want to buy a connection piece to make a longer cable out

of
two separate ones

....may be cheaper (and definitely better signal) to just get one longer
cable. They can be up to 300' long.
--

"I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"
- Alceryes

Old October 21st 03, 05:57 AM
Richard Freeman

"Alceryes" wrote in message
It is a CAT5 cable with RJ45 plugs on each end

Also called a "patch" cable.

ask is that I want to buy a connection piece to make a longer cable out

of
two separate ones

...may be cheaper (and definitely better signal) to just get one longer
cable. They can be up to 300' long.
--

Although it may need to be a crossover cable ....

SCSI Card error in WinXP Wayne Morgan General 0 October 9th 03 08:22 PM
Cable modem problem [email protected] General 1 September 25th 03 09:16 AM
Dial up modem problem Richard Freeman General 21 September 22nd 03 05:50 AM
fax/adsl modem 123xxxxx General 41 August 3rd 03 09:37 AM
cutting psu wires Pen General 4 July 27th 03 07:49 PM