Guys please post me some IDLE and LOAD temp of the P4-2.8C Northwood.

Old August 19th 04, 11:05 AM
Bronney Hui

Default Guys please post me some IDLE and LOAD temp of the P4-2.8C Northwood.

Mine's at 44¢XC and am wondering if it's too high. Thanks.

Old August 19th 04, 07:57 PM
Wayne Youngman

"Bronney Hui" wrote
Mine's at 44¢XC and am wondering if it's too high. Thanks.

Hi,
I have a P4 Northwood (1.625v) 2.6GHz, SP-94, AS/3 and chilly ANTEC Case
(25°C) and my CPU runs at:

29-31°C Idle
40-44°C Load
--
Wayne ][

Old August 19th 04, 10:46 PM
MikeTimbers

"Bronney Hui" wrote in message
Mine's at 44¢XC and am wondering if it's too high. Thanks.

Please read http://www.overclockers.com/articles1088/index04.asp

Although the general article is about water-cooling, Page 4 deals with
temperatures and explains why you should never try to compare temps with
others. If your system is stable, ignore the temperatures.

Old August 23rd 04, 10:49 AM
Bronney Hui

Thanks.

"Wayne Youngman" ¦b¶l¥ó
¤¤¼¶¼g...
"Bronney Hui" wrote

Old August 23rd 04, 10:10 PM
Tool

Yeah my Prescott 2.8E ran at 54C under load when I got it, "presc Hot"
as I like to call them now, I had to put a really crazy fan on it to
lower the temps now I get JUST below where your at, P4's seem to run
fine a little hotter then AMD's I think they're made to take it, so
I'd concur say you're fine.

Old September 8th 04, 10:35 AM
bronney

Thanks Mike,