Can EasyTune 4 unlock a Barton?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 24th 03, 03:10 AM
Peter Harrington

Default Can EasyTune 4 unlock a Barton?

I'm thinking of upgrading and overclocking. I read a review that said that
Gigabyte MoBos can unlock Bartons without any hardware modification with
Easy Tune 4. Is this true for all Bartons?

My other question is would I be better off OC'ing a Barton 2600+ ($100) or
3000+ ($200). My main objective is number crunching speed. Would the 3000+
be a waste of money or will it hit a faster speed or the same speed as
2600+? I'm planning on keeping the PC 2700 RAM and looking at the 7N400L
MoBo.

TIA,

Pete