Buy a hard drive from Scan or Komplett?

Old May 27th 06, 05:34 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc

Default Buy a hard drive from Scan or Komplett?

I want to get a Samsung hard drive. Scan and Komplett both have them at
a decent price.

Which company should I use?
Old May 27th 06, 06:48 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc

Jon D wrote:
I want to get a Samsung hard drive. Scan and Komplett both have them at
a decent price.

Which company should I use?

Can't speak for Scan, but brought my last two pairs of HDs (the most
recent two Samsungs) from Komplett, no problems.

--
Derek
Old May 27th 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Derek Baker
opened his gob and said:

Can't speak for Scan, but brought my last two pairs of HDs (the most
recent two Samsungs) from Komplett, no problems.

TBH, any company can send out a product and the fact that there were
'no problems' has nothing to do with a company that put a box on the
post/on a van.

The company that I would buy from on the basis of their excellent CS
when things do go tits up are SVP (not many of my favourite suppliers
sell Samsung).

I rate SVP so highly that I would buy *anything* from them without
looking elsewhere for a better price.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old May 27th 06, 09:49 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Jim
opened his gob and said:

but as nothing has ever gone wrong with my
purchases from Komplett and Scan, they remain on the reliable
list

That's the point, isn't it Jim? IMHO a company can only be considered
worthy of custom if it's CS is up to scratch, and I'd only know that
if I or somebody else had a problem. Being a box shifter does not
prove anything...whilst admitting that some companies cannot even do
that.

I bought two LCDs from Watford, they arrived in a timely manner and
work great. By your standards they are great.

By mine they are crap as they have not responded to at least two
emails to their customer services dept. Wouldn't use them again even
if you were paying g.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old May 27th 06, 10:04 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors

After replacing Dr Teeth with a small shell script on Saturday 27 May
2006 21:49, the following appeared on stdout:

I bought two LCDs from Watford, they arrived in a timely manner and
work great. By your standards they are great.

By mine they are crap as they have not responded to at least two
emails to their customer services dept.

Guy, this is a simple question, no barbs, no innuendo:

Why would you have to e-mail the CS helpdesk if your LCDs arrived in a
timely manner and work great?

Just curious...
--
Chronos

Old May 28th 06, 12:04 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc

| I rate SVP so highly that I would buy *anything* from them without
looking elsewhere for a better price.

They've been pretty shoddy replying to my dead NEC DVD Burner - you just
reminded me of it. I raised it with them three weeks ago, and no reply.

Old May 28th 06, 01:06 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Chronos
opened his gob and said:

Why would you have to e-mail the CS helpdesk if your LCDs arrived in a
timely manner and work great?

*Slight* glitch in the delivery arrangements.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old May 28th 06, 06:08 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc

"Jon D" wrote:
I want to get a Samsung hard drive. Scan and Komplett both have them at
a decent price.

Which company should I use?

I haven't used either company but have seen complaints about Scan customer
service. Comparing a Google for complaints Scan computers with a Google for
complaints Komplett computers I would go with Komplett.

Old May 28th 06, 09:47 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors

After replacing Dr Teeth with a small shell script on Sunday 28 May 2006
01:06, the following appeared on stdout:

Why would you have to e-mail the CS helpdesk if your LCDs arrived in a
timely manner and work great?

Slight glitch in the delivery arrangements.

That explains it. It just seemed a bit of a strange situation without
that information.
--
Chronos

Old May 28th 06, 11:52 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.misc

In article , Phil Anthropist says...
"Jon D" wrote:
I want to get a Samsung hard drive. Scan and Komplett both have them at
a decent price.

Which company should I use?

I haven't used either company but have seen complaints about Scan customer
service. Comparing a Google for complaints Scan computers with a Google for
complaints Komplett computers I would go with Komplett.

But Scan have a larger customer base so you're guaranteed to see more
complaints even though the overall complaints:sales ratio may be lower.

--
Conor,
Grumpy Old Man.

Hard Drive Temperature Nehmo General 36 October 27th 05 12:35 AM
how to test psu and reset to cmos to default Tanya General 23 February 7th 05 09:56 AM
Norton Ghost - Clone Won't Work jimbo Homebuilt PC's 70 November 15th 04 01:56 AM
SOLUTION! IBM Hard Drive only recognized as 33GB hard drive, but is more >>>82.3GB Andy Storage (alternative) 9 November 17th 03 11:20 PM