1920x1200 on L2335 via Single Link DVI

Old November 21st 04, 08:48 AM
Ray

Default 1920x1200 on L2335 via Single Link DVI

Sorry for crossposting, I couldn't find a general videocard group...

I need to drive a HP LP2335 via a Single Link DVI cable on 1920x1200,
preferrably on 60Hz (I need the 1920x1200 more than the 60Hz).
This only seems to be possible when using the "reduced blanking"
feature.

There is no need for fancy video-card with quick 3D stuff. No
multimedia home theater stuff. Just need for a large screen area of
pixels to show a very big window.

Which low budget videocards are capable of doing 1920x1200@60Hz over
Single Link DVI where the video driver has the reduced blanking
feature?

Ray
Old November 21st 04, 05:37 PM
RJT

Ray wrote:
Sorry for crossposting, I couldn't find a general videocard group...

I need to drive a HP LP2335 via a Single Link DVI cable on 1920x1200,
preferrably on 60Hz (I need the 1920x1200 more than the 60Hz).
This only seems to be possible when using the "reduced blanking"
feature.

There is no need for fancy video-card with quick 3D stuff. No
multimedia home theater stuff. Just need for a large screen area of
pixels to show a very big window.

Which low budget videocards are capable of doing 1920x1200@60Hz over
Single Link DVI where the video driver has the reduced blanking
feature?

I've done some research into this myself in the past, and a bit of
googling will learn that at least the nVidia cards of the GeForce4 and
up series, as well as Radeon 7500 and 8500 and up have TDMS frequency
that supports 1920x1200 at 60hz. You may need to turn the feature on in
the drivers using the advanced display properties, such as alternate
frequency or refuced blanking interval, but it's there.

My GeForce4 Ti4200 worked just fine at 1920x1200x60hz through DVI-D.

As for older cards, it might work, try at your own risk. Matrox I don't
know. Matrox's site doesn't say, only that the Parhelia does support it,
but I'd hardly call that a low budget card. If I were you, I'd pick up a
GeForce4 Ti4200 or a Radeon 8500, should work without a hitch and not be
too expensive.

BTW, the only dual link capable DVI cards I know of are the top of the
range QUADRO cards. (For those that don't know - dual link DVI is not
equal to dual DVI output, so don't respond saying you know of GeForce or
Radeon cards with two DVI ports. There are lots of dual dvi GeForce and
Radeon cards out there, but none with dual link DVI.)

Old November 21st 04, 05:46 PM
Zulu

"RJT" skrev i en meddelelse
BTW, the only dual link capable DVI cards I know of are the top of the
range QUADRO cards. (For those that don't know - dual link DVI is not
equal to dual DVI output, so don't respond saying you know of GeForce or
Radeon cards with two DVI ports. There are lots of dual dvi GeForce and
Radeon cards out there, but none with dual link DVI.)

Then what is "Dual Link DVI"? :-)

Zulu

Old November 21st 04, 06:29 PM
Denis Freund

Zulu schrieb:
Then what is "Dual Link DVI"? :-)

a DVI port with 370Mhz bandwith instead of 165MHz. For example needed to
drive the new Apple 30" TFT.

The Consumer 6800U *samples* had DualLink DVI:
http://pics.computerbase.de/artikel/342/33.jpg

but nVidia decided to remove the second TMDS transmitter :-(

PNY:
http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/...pics%20010.jpg

Leadtek:
http://www.firingsquad.com/media/art...1521&pic_id=09

MSI 6800U:
http://www.tbreak.com/reviews/fullimage.php?image=8598

Sparkle 6800U:
http://accelenation.com/graphics/con...kle6800.23.jpg

etc.

DualLink DVI cards:
- nVidia QuadroFX 2000/3000/4000 AGP and 3400/4400 PCI-E
- ATI FireGL X3 (AGP) and V7100 (PCI-E)

Denis

Old November 21st 04, 06:30 PM
Denis Freund

Denis Freund schrieb:

a DVI port with 370Mhz bandwith instead of 165MHz. For example needed to
drive the new Apple 30" TFT.

ups, sorry, 2x165 = 330 of course :-)

Denis

Old November 21st 04, 06:43 PM
Zulu

"Denis Freund" skrev i en meddelelse
Zulu schrieb:
Then what is "Dual Link DVI"? :-)

a DVI port with 370Mhz bandwith instead of 165MHz. For example needed to
drive the new Apple 30" TFT.

Thanks...

Zulu

Old November 22nd 04, 11:51 PM
Steven Whatley

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox Ray wrote:
I need to drive a HP LP2335 via a Single Link DVI cable on 1920x1200,
preferrably on 60Hz (I need the 1920x1200 more than the 60Hz).
This only seems to be possible when using the "reduced blanking"
feature.

There is no need for fancy video-card with quick 3D stuff. No
multimedia home theater stuff. Just need for a large screen area of
pixels to show a very big window.

check out the Matrox P650. It can do what yo want with, as you mentioned,
reduced blanking. The P650 costs US$169:

http://shopmatrox.com/usa/products/datasheet.asp?ID=385

Later,
Steven
Old November 27th 04, 09:58 PM
Roy

I'm using a BFG Nvidia GeForce FX 5900XT OC
Core Clock 430Mhz (vs 390Mhz standard)
Mem Clock 735Mhz Effective
Drivers 66.93
to drive my HP L2335 23" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

It is a good card. Plenty of power for the games I play. I play MS Flight
Sim 2004 COF mostly but I also play Uru: Complete Chronicles as well. I use
1920x1200 for my default desktop resolution, but for MSFS I use 1200x960 and
I get framerates in the 30s with all the goodies turned on. Quiet too.
Overall the best value card I could find when I bought it. Though I kind of
wish I'd waited for the agp version of the 6600 to come out. I saw one the
other day at new egg but I'd wait until the price came down and bfg offered
an agp version. I must say I absolutely love this monitor. My computer
uses the digital dvi connector. I use the s-vid input for my bedroom dvd
player and the composite input for my wife's GameCube. It rocks.

the rest of my system:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 939 90nm Winchester 1.8Ghz oc'd to 2.6Ghz
ThermalTake Silent Tower CL-P0025
MSI K8N Neo 2 Plat Model 7025 Bios 1.41 (beta)
OCZ Perf Series PC3500 DDR 433 512MB at 237Mhz 3-4-4-10 x 2 (dual channel)
Lian Li Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Case PC-V1000
MGE Vigor 500 PSVG-500 500w Power Supply
Maxtor 160GB 7200RPM 8MG IDE ATA133 6Y160P0 x 2 (Raid - 0)
LG Electronics GCC-4521BB 52x32x52x16 Combo Drive
WinXP Pro
DX 9.0c

Roy

om...

Old December 14th 04, 03:18 AM
Caesar Valenti

So, my boss just announce that he is getting me an HP L2335 monitor
(Yes!!!! I have a great boss!) Unfortunately, I only have a G550.
Does it stand any hope of driving this display at full resolution at
60Hz. I guess I am asking if one can reduce blanking on it.....or has
anyone ever done this with a G550?
CV

Installing MoBo Homebuilt PC's 36 November 28th 04 03:29 AM
1920x1200 on L2335 via Single Link DVI Ray Ati Videocards 7 November 27th 04 09:58 PM
single channel versus dual channel memory setup John Doe Homebuilt PC's 5 October 15th 04 10:31 AM
Thermal pad or Thermal paste? Vin Overclocking AMD Processors 68 September 17th 03 05:38 AM
BAD peformance of all single SATA drives on Asus P4P800/P4C800 mobos?!.. koop Asus Motherboards 1 June 22nd 03 09:59 PM